The new Nvidia driver 425.31 provides enhances, and support for Raytracing on GTX GPUs. The lowest to support this is the GTX 1060 6GB, including GPUs with stronger hardware such as GTX 1070 and 1080. When it comes to video games, this driver is dedicated to Anno 1800, providing an optimal gaming experience for the same.
For a more detailed overview of the changes you can check the section below:
Game Ready – Provides the optimal gaming experience for Anno 1800.
Gaming Technology – Includes support for DirectX Raytracing (DXR) on GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (and higher) and GeForce GTX 1660 (and higher) GPUs
Driver Fixes (For a full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [SLI][Adobe]: With SLI enabled, artifacts may appear in Adobe applications. 
- [ARK Survival Evolved]: Fixed random crashes on GeForce RTX 20 series GPUs. 
- [Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands]: The game crashes when accessing the inventory menu. 
- [The Witcher 3]: Blue-screen crash occurs randomly with Bad Pool error during gameplay. 
- [The Evil Within 2]: Artifacts appear when Texture Filtering is set to High Quality in the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- [Fabfilter plugins]: Applications crash when using the Fabfilter plugin. 
- [ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS notebooks]: Fixed corrupted graphics in games on ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS notebooks. 
- [Titan X][GTA V][Stereo]: With Stereo enabled, OUT of Memory message appears when launching the application. 
Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [Surround][G-SYNC][Pascal GPU]: G-SYNC does not engage when using Surround resolution. 
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: When the 3D Settings page->Vertical Sync setting is set to Adaptive Sync (half refresh rate), V-Sync works only at the native refresh rate after rebooting the system. 
- [Shadow of the Tomb Raider][Ansel]: Invoking Ansel in the game causes the game to slow down or crash. 
- Random desktop flicker occurs on some multi-display PCs 
- The desktop on the primary monitor flickers when playing videos on the secondary monitor. 
Patch 425.31 can be downloaded through GeForce Experience, but also from the official Nvidia download page.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!