A new Game Ready & Studio Driver is available for the Nvidia GPUs. Driver 430.86 offers optimal gaming experience for two coming games, Quake 2 RTX and Asseto Corsa Competizione, while also offers improved experience for Studio Applications.
As noted by Nvidia a couple of months ago, the G-SYNC support will continue for different monitors, and this time three more have been added to the list. In other news, this driver update also aims to deal with some bugs and known issues, as you can see in the official notes below.
Nvidia Driver 430.86 Notes
New feature and fixes in driver 430.64:
Game Ready – Provides the optimal gaming experience for Quake II RTX and Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Studio Applications – Provides the optimal experience for the latest releases of top creative apps, including Autodesk Maya 2019, 3ds Max 2020, Arnold 126.96.36.199, Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 16, and Daz 3D Daz Studio.
Gaming Technology –
- Adds support for three new G-SYNC compatible monitors.
- Dell S2419HGF
- HP X25
- LG 27GL850
- Adds support for Oculus Rift S and HTC VIVE Pro Eye HMDs.
Game Ready & Studio Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- GeForce Experience Freestyle no longer detects World of Warships as a supported game. 
- [Adobe Premier Pro]: The application may crash or experience TDR events on some systems. 
- [GeForced RTX 2080][Notebook][Resolume Arena 6]: Slow performance in the game when using dual 4k output. 
- [Quadro RTX 5000][Photoshop v20.0.4]; The application may crash occur. 
- [Titan RTX][Maya 2018]: The application crashes when rendering with REDSHIFT render window. 
- [OptiX][Arnold]: Errors occur with large shader disk cache. 
- [OptiX 6][Arnold]: Switching from 1x GPU to 2x GPUs (of the same GPU model) triggers a recompile of every program. 
- [OptiX][Arnold]: The startup time on the GTC robot scene takes significantly longer with PTX encryption than without the encryption. 
- [OptiX][Arnold]: The application may crash. 
- [OptiX][Arnold]: Startup time with cold shader cache is over one minute. 
- [Resolve Studio]: UHD performance has dropped. 
- [Cinema 4D]: Modulo operation produces incorrect result. 
- [Premiere Pro]: OpenGL driver exception occurs when launching the application. 
- [OpenGL][Modo v12]: Slow frame rendering when using “0x205f7e3b” profile. 
- [NVEnc][Resolve Studio]: Errors occur when encoding H.265 content. 
- [Vulkan driver][Octane Renderer]: Vulkan reports the wrong number of physical devices. 
- [OpenGL][Vulkan][Substance Painter & Designer]: Inter-operability memory sharing is not working correctly. 
Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [NVIDIA Control Panel]: When the 3D Settings page->Vertical Sync setting is set toAdaptive Sync (half refresh rate), V-Sync works only at the native refresh rate after rebooting the system. 
- [Grand Theft Auto V]: Brief flickering/corruption occurs in the game when MSAA is used. 
- [Forza Horizon 4]: The game may crash when driving through tunnels. 
- [Tom Clancy’s The Division II]: The game may crash when played in DirectX 12 mode. [2587043/200406322]
The update can be downloaded either through Nvidia’s official Download Page, or through the Nvidia GeForce Experience app.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!