Infinity Ward is finally getting down to a point where it realizes how many nerfs and fixes have to be done within Modern Warfare. As promised, the developers have done a great job with the past updates, including the one at midnight. This update focuses on nerfing the 725 shotgun and tweaking other weapons, fixing footsteps, Riot Shield, and more.
Below you can find the official patch notes scheduled to arrive today, as posted by Infinity Ward on Reddit.
- More backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all modes and all platforms
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Riot Shield would not take explosive damage during certain situations
- Fixed an issue where the Riot Shield would stow on the players back when using Stim. (Tactical)
- Adjusted to always play walk footstep sounds when in ADS and crouch independent of speed
- Increased the speed in which you can remain using the walk footstep sounds by slightly pressing on the movement stick
- General fix for the UI and Challenge state getting out of sync. We’ll continue to monitor and make additional fixes as needed in future updates
- Fix for a challenge related error that could occur; DEV ERROR 5476
- Fix for Mission Challenge description, “Get Kills with a Burst Weapons” being too vague.
- Spawn tuning while playing TDM and Domination
- Domination flag adjustments; B Flag is now near the busses instead of the center fountain
- ARs: Minor hip spread adjustment
- 725: Reduce range
- M4: increase hip spread, decrease damage to the head
- FAL: Reduced recoil, increased ADS speed
- EB-14: Increase ADS speed
- Miscellaneous ammo reserve adjustments upon spawning to be in-line with other weapons of their class
- Fix for a bug where a player using the Overkill perk with an SMG as their secondary would sometimes spawn without a primary weapon when joining a match in progress
As promised, the 725 shotgun was way too strong in certain situations. Its first nerf was quite impactful and could’ve been felt within the game. But, there were some spikes where the 725 would still eliminate opponents at long-range, and that is why this nerf occurs more than usual.