The Green Team released a new Nvidia WHQL Driver 451.48. The driver brings support for both graphics API DirectX 12 Ultimate and Vulkan 1.2, supports hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling, including Nvidia’s Cuda 11.0. Furthermore, it adds a vast number of SLI profiles for different games, aim to provide improvement and negate misconduct, so that players seeking powerful performance may finally be relieved.
As in previous driver releases, Nvidia Driver 451.48 introduces a number of “Game Ready” bug fixes. Sea of Thieves and Just Cause 2 will no longer have artifacts or rendering issues. It also alleviates the painful menu flicker in Resident Evil 2 Remake. Divinity Original Sin 2 is also among the games that received repair, fixing low-performance hardware-acceleration issues.
The driver is already available to download either through GeForce Experience or Nvidia’s Official Download Page. Below you can find the complete list of changes introduced with Nvidia Driver WHQL 451.48.
New feature and fixes in driver 451.48
Game Ready – The new Game Ready Driver provides full support for the new DirectX 12 Ultimate graphics API. This includes support for DirectX Raytracing (DXR) version 1.1 as well as support for mesh shaders, sampler feedback, and variable-rate shading (VRS). Additionally, this driver supports Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling when used with the Windows 10 May 2020 Update.
Studio Driver – In addition, this driver adds support for Vulkan 1.2 as well as optimal support and bug fixes for the latest creative applications from Adobe, Autodesk, Blender, Chaos, and Corel.
Game Ready & Studio Driver New Features and Other Changes –
- Supports DirectX 12 Ultimate
- Supports Vulkan 1.2
- Supports hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling.
- Supports CUDA 11.0.
SLI Profiles – Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- DCL – The Game (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- Jiu Xiao
- Monster Energy Supercross 2 – The Official Videogame (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- MORDHAU (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later
- Overpass (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- Planetside 2 (DirectX 11)
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- Surviving The Aftermath
- System Shock (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
- The Fisherman – Fishing Planet (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later • Warhammer Underworlds: Online
- Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
G-Sync Compatible Display – Added the following G-Sync Compatible Display:
- AOC AG273F1G8R3
- Asus VG27AQL1A
- Dell S2421HGF
- Lenovo G24-10
- LG 27GN950
- LG 32GN50T/32GN500
- Samsung 2020 Odyssey G9 49″ / 27″ / 32″
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Just Cause 2]: The game does not detect CUDA files which results in missing “GPU Water Simulation” and “Bokeh Filter” settings. 
- [Sea of Thieves]: Issues with game rendering occur. 
- [Resident Evil 2 Remake]: The game may display random object and menu flickering.
- [Devil May Cry 5]: The game may display random object flickering. 
- [Divinity Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition]: The game experiences low performance when hardware accelerated GPU scheduling is enabled. 
- [Notebook]: Windows Mixed Reality headsets may display jitter when connected to the HDMI port linked to the NVIDIA Optimus notebook integrated graphics. 
- [G-SYNC]: G-SYNC does not work with DirectX 9 games if “Disable full screen optimizations” is selected. 
- Display brightness increases while enabling GPU scaling. 
- NVIDIA HD Audio may disappear after display goes to sleep. 
- The cursor turns into a grey rectangle when playing YouTube 4K HDR videos. 
Studio Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [Maxon Cinema4D]: Line width range limit has been extended. 
- All GRD Fixes
Game Ready & Studio Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- Windows 7 Only [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Windows 10 Only [Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. 
- Windows 10 Only [VR}: HDCP errors occur with Valve Index VR. 
- Windows 10 Only [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare]: Color banding can occur in the game after enabling Image Sharpening from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [2889337/3028436]
- Windows 10 Only [Call of Duty – Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020)
- Windows 10 Only [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- Windows 10 Only [Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. 
- Windows 10 Only [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan][G-SYNC]: When playing the game in Vulkan mode with G-SYNC enabled, flickering occurs after switching the game between full-screen and windowed mode.
- To work around, either disable G-SYNC or play using an API other than Vulkan.
- Windows 10 Only [SLI][G-SYNC]: With multi-GPU and G-SYNC enabled, TDRs occur soon after launching an application. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook][The Witcher 3 WILD HUNT]: The game remains minimized when DDS switch is set to Optimus and Automatic, and cannot be restored to full screen. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook][G-SYNC]: Graphical corruption occurs when windowed G-SYNC+V-Sync is On while running applications in Clone/Duplicate mode. 
- Windows 10 Only [Notebook]: LVDS-display goes blank upon rebooting the system after driver installation on some systems.