Mediatonic has had some exceptional period with its recently released and zany video game title, Fall Guys. But due to its popularity, many cheaters have started ruining others’ fun, and Mediatonic had to take some anti-cheat measures against them. Those anti-cheat measures have been existing since the launch, and now we’ll finally see them in action.
With today’s update, Mediatonic has announced that a new anti-cheat feature called “Cheater-Island” is already available in the game. As we noted, the anti-cheat measures have already been present since the launch, but the developer hasn’t decided to ban hackers due to false positives. However, starting today, cheaters will have much more fun than before… or not.
How does it work? The new anti-cheat measure fights players who use third-party software or applications to mitigate the rules and overcome any obstacles with ease. If any cheater is detected with others, they will be served an entirely different instance called “Cheater Island”, in which they can fight among each other for earning the crown. Which again, means there will be no bans but a rather juicy and quite entertaining punishment for them all. Who will prevail in that lobby?
After we confirmed that it was working – We secretly launched— Fall Guys ❄️ Season 3 Out Now! (@FallGuysGame) September 14, 2020
Fall Guys Cheater Island™
It was a magical place where cheaters could happily compete against themselves for the Cheater's Crown*
*Literally just a normal crown but tainted with a hollow feeling of guilt and regret
Furthermore, the developer has also noted that BIG YEETUS is LIVE, which brings randomized gauntlets for diversified gameplay experience. We believe that Mediatonic is doing a great job of tackling hackers and releasing new content. Thanks to the BIG YEETUS addition, Fall Guys is about to become a more entertaining game.
TLDR, the patch notes for today’s Fall Guys update can be found below:
- [PC] Our new anti-cheating system for PC is now in!
- [PC] Added ability to bind game actions to mouse buttons
- [PS4] Improved stability when creating parties on PS4
- Objects in certain rounds will now have dynamic variations from one playthrough to the next, including new objects entirely. We plan to expand this system in the future to more rounds. [B I G Y E E T U S]
- Improved stability when progressing from one round to another, there should be fewer disconnections in the qualification screen and round loading now.
- Bug fixes in levels, spectator mode, and improved resilience when network errors occur.
- Fall Ball timer down to 120 seconds from 150
- Lowered Min Player Counts for some levels to increase the round variety
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!