Nvidia has released a new driver for its Graphic Cards. Titled as 461.09, many bug fixes have been addressed. The new driver also supports Quake II RTX v1.4.0, which further supports the new Vulkan Ray Tracing extensions. Even if multiple bug fixes are no longer present, the SteamVR bug that makes players drop frames still prevails. Quite probably the only miss by Nvidia with the release of this update.
The SteamVR bug has been there for quite a while. Nvidia is probably still working on a fix as they haven’t released a proper update to get rid of this annoying issue. Below you can find the complete list of changes with the release of 461.09.
Nvidia Game Ready 461.09 Changelog
New Features and Other Changes
- Added security updates for driver components
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For a full list of fixes, please check out release notes)
- [GeForce Experience]: The FPS counter is activated, and the overlay appears on Windows Mail and Calendar applications.
- [GeForce GTX 750 Ti]: Blue-screen crash (UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP) may occur. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]: The desktop screen may flicker. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti]: The system may freeze with the screen displaying as solid color. 
- [HDR]: With HDR enabled, black levels are incorrect, notably on LG OLED TVs. [200682795/ 3201305]
- [Notebook][Lenovo Y740]: The notebook displays corruption after waking from sleep. 
- Blue-screen crash (0x116) may occur upon resuming from sleep mode when three 4k monitors are connected. [3054239/3195884]
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 series GPUs. 
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: HUD in the game is broken. 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. 
- To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
- [GeForce RTX 3070][Clone Mode]: When the resolution is set to 2560×1440 @ 144Hz, the performance state is stuck at maximum performance. 
- [NVIDIA Turing or later][Windows Movies and TV Player]: When playing a 4k video in fullscreen mode on a 2560×1440 HDR monitor, the video extends beyond the edge of the screen. 
The driver can be downloaded thought the GeForce Experience client or the official Nvidia Download page.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!