Nvidia has released a new driver candidate for their GPUs. While it assures compatibility and driver fixes in numerous games, the driver also adds support for the RTX 3060. The new 461.72 driver also deals with stutters on G-Sync monitors, such as in Edge of Eternity and Hitman 2.
In the eyes of the Outriders demo, the upcoming co-op third-person RPG developed by Square Enix, Nvidia has added support for the game, while Nioh 2 has received Nvidia DLSS support. Now that the RTX 3060 Graphics have become available to purchase at some retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg and Walmart, it’s quite clear why the support for the RTX 3060 was added.
The Nvidia 461.72 driver can be downloaded through GeForce Experience or the official Nvidia download page. For the full driver changelog, make sure you check below:
Game Ready – This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the Outriders demo, NVIDIA DLSS in Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, and NVIDIA Reflex in Rainbow Six Siege.
Studio Driver – The February NVIDIA Studio Driver provides optimal support for enhancements in four top renderers including Blender, V-Ray, Redshift, and Autodesk Arnold. In addition, this release also provides support for the latest NVIDIA Studio laptops powered by new GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs as well as the new creator-ready GeForce RTX 3060 desktop GPU.
- Includes support for GeForce RTX 3060 GPU.
New Features and Other Changes
- Added support for the following GPUs.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
- NVIDIA CMP 40HX
- NVIDIA CMP 30HX
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when using hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode. 
- [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. 
- [The Isle]: Freestyle is not supported for the game. 
- [VIndictus][GeForce Experience]: The game cannot be recorded. 
- [X4: Foundations][Vulkan]: The application crashes when launched on Windows 10 (Version 1803). 
- Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep. 
- [Blu-ray][HDMI]: Flickering occurs in Blu-ray playback when played over HDMI. 
- Several desktop applications flicker when Vertical Sync is set to the default “Use the 3D application setting”. 
- [Ampere]: Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing.
- LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays.
- [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display “no signal” message when enabling NVIDIA Surround. 
- [Notebook]: On some Notebooks, the ‘Maximum Graphics Power’ information missing in the NVIDIA Control Panel > System Information page. 
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- Some desktop applications may flicker or stutter when resizing the window on some PC configurations .
- See the NVIDIA KBA 5157 for a possible workaround.
- [Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege][Advanced Optimus]: The game may crash while launching. 
- [GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER]: Random flickering may appear across the top of the monitor on some PC configurations. 
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Supreme Commander/Supreme Commander 2]: The games experience low FPS. 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!