Just a day after the release of the latest Valheim 0.148.6 patch, Iron Gate has published the official patch notes for it, introducing a lot of surprising changes to most of the fans. Apparently, the update has nerfed the ability to farm Greydwarfs with the same method that was posted 2 weeks ago on Reddit.
This method allowed players to somewhat get constant resources, thanks to the broken farming method that kind of broke the game a bit. Building the necessary campfires, bonfires, and hearths at Graydwarfs’ spawns will no longer lead to a capture. In addition, there are lots of big and small updates in this patch, as confirmed in the patch notes below.
Some of the important changes are that this update increases the inventory space for reinforced chests. Another one is that it promotes easier looting since drops can now float on water. For the full patch notes for 0.148.6, check below.
Valheim 0.148.6 Patch Notes
- Campfire,Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6×4
- All boss drops can now float on water
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to enable)
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation fixed
- “Failed to connect” error message fixed
- Serpent trophy stack fix
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds “genloc” command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
- Megingjord item-collider fix
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
- Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
- Better bad connection detection
- Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
- Localization updates
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!