The Cycle: Frontier Closed Beta Extends to April 25
Patch 2.4 is coming tomorrow.
Yager Development is not happy with the current state of The Cycle: Frontier, as it requires more tweaks, so it becomes fit for release. On Tuesday, the developer announced that the Closed Beta for The Cycle: Frontier will be extended to April 25. Previously, the Closed Beta was anticipated to end on April 19.
The announcement first came through The Cycle: Frontier’s official Twitter profile. You can find the announcement below:
Need more time on the surface? We're extending the Closed Beta until April 25th so we can continue doing more tests and tweaks as we prepare for release. 🎉
Tomorrow is also Patch Day! Check out what's in store as well as when it will go live: https://t.co/aJpdkVBqwB pic.twitter.com/HohsYNM77L
— The Cycle: Frontier (@TheCycleGame) April 12, 2022
This closed beta extension will allow Yager to meet its goals and gets closer to a stable release candidate. Furthermore, the developer also noted that tomorrow there will be a new patch that will address a couple of known issues.
The Cycle Frontier Closed Beta PATCH 2.4
The update will be released on Wednesday, April 13, at 10 AM CEST / 7 PM AEDT / 4 AM EDT. Below you can find its patch notes:
- The drop pod sequence of a player will only start if they have finished loading to prevent getting killed while your game did not load
- “Start mission” was changed to “Accept mission”
- As outlined in our last blog post, we are testing some changes to squads. The outlines of your squadmates will only be visible if they are in your line of sight.
Increased K-Mark cost for Rare to Exotic helmets and shields:
- Rare shields: Increased crafting cost from 4 600 to 12 000 K-marks
- Epic shield: Increased crafting cost from 9 100 to 36 000 K-marks
- Exotic shield: Increased crafting cost from 17 000 to 82 000 K-marks
- Rare Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 3 800 to 6 300 K-marks
- Rare Tactical Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 2 500 to 7 600 K-marks
- Rare Restoration Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 2 500 to 7 600 K-marks
- Epic Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 7 600 to 19 000 K-marks
- Exotic Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 14 000 to 43 000 K-marks
- NV Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 43 000 to 64 000 K-marks
Fixed Uncommon Restoration and Tactical Helmet costing less K-Mark to craft than the regular Helmet:
- Uncommon Tactical Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 840 to 1 700 K-marks
- Uncommon Restoration Helmet: Increased crafting cost from 840 to 1 700 K-marks
Fixed repair costs being much higher than intended:
- Fully repairing a shield or a helmet should now cost no more than ~85% of its K-Mark cost.
Reduced armour value for Rare to Exotic helmets:
- Rare Helmet: Armour value reduced from 20 to 19
- Rare Tactical Helmet: Armour value reduced from 17 to 16
- Rare Restoration Helmet: Armour value reduced from 17 to 16
- Epic Helmet: Armour value reduced from 25 to 22
- Exotic and NV Helmets: Armour value reduced from 30 to 24
Updated K-Mark shop prices and recipes for Consumables:
- Gas Grenade: Increased buying price from 2000 to 3000 K-marks.
- Reduced crafting cost from 600 to 300 K-marks. Reduced amount of Toxic Glands from 3 to 1.
- Audio Decoy: Increased buying price from 1000 to 2000 K-marks. Reduced crafting cost from 300 to 200 K-marks
- Strong Stim: Increased buying price from 1000 to 3000 K-marks.
- Combat Stim: Increased buying price from 1500 to 4600 K-Marks.
- Strong Medkit: Increased buying price from 1000 to 3000K-Marks.
- Combat Medkit: Increased buying price from 1500 to 4600K-marks.
- Added Uncommon and Rare rewards to early game Contracts
- Rattlers and Marauders are now more likely to switch aggro when fighting multiple players at the same time.
- Fixed another issue where lost items could count towards mission progression in the end of match screen
- Additional fixes to some different exploits that could be abused
- Data in the battle log can sometimes show misleading data
- Due to an issue in the customer support tool you might not receive your answer, the ticket is checked and replied to though.
As usual, please feel free to share your feedback with us. Stay tuned for more information about the next steps of our Closed Beta 2.