Modern Warfare 2 November 10 Update Notes
Modern Warfare 2 received a new update today, which contents are related to the issues caused by the faulty Nvidia drivers. The update size on Steam is around 300 MB, while Battle.Net users will have to download around 600 MB of data.
On the other side, Nvidia released new game-ready drivers for Modern Warfare 2 a couple of minutes ago. The driver version supposed to unroot MW 2 issues is titled 526.86. While GeForce experience might not notify you about potential driver updates, you can grab the driver from here.
We hope that this will deal with all the crashes that players have been experiencing in the past. As for further details, we’ll have to wait on an official statement by Infinity Ward or an update of their Trello page.
Nvidia 526.86 Driver Changelog
New feature and fixes in driver 526.86:
Game Ready Driver Fixes (For a full list of fixes, check the release notes)
- [Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II] Flashing corruption can be seen randomly while playing the game.
- [Call of Duty: Vanguard] Game may randomly crash after extended gameplay
- VTube Studio crashes to black screen after driver update
- GPU may get stuck in P0 state after exiting certain games
- [Anvil Engine Games] Environment flickering
- Drop in 8K60 AV1 decoding performance on RTX 4090
- [Forza Horizon 5] Some PC configurations may see rainbow-like artifacts in game after extended gameplay
Game Ready Driver Important Open Issues (For a full list of fixes, check the release notes)
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled
- Maxon – Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash
- RedCine-X Pro potential crash while working with effects during video playback
- Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) service may report higher GPU usage on some RTX 30- series configurations
- Workaround: disable Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling from the Windows Settings
- [Daz Studio] Application crashes after updating to latest driver when trying to run simulation
This stupid update has broke the game it wont work now
You’re not the first one to say this. It seems there’s a huge flaw.