Funcom has just launched a new update for Conan Exiles, a popular survival game set in the world of Conan the Barbarian. Available across all platforms, this update is part of the ongoing Age of War Chapter 2 series and focuses primarily on bug fixes, balance changes, and general improvements.
The update addresses the recently overpowered javelins and three types of spears. Their damage has been reduced to bring them in line with other weapons. Specific epic variants of spears, like the Blood Crystal Spear, the Aesir Chieftain Spear, and the Vanir Shaman Spear, have seen their damage levels revert to their original state.
Below, you can find the full patch notes.
Conan Exiles Age of War Chapter 2 Hotfix 2 Patch Notes (2023.10.05)
- Reduced damage of Javelins and three sets of spears which were disproportionately buffed in the recent combat balance adjustments
- Epic Variants of the Blood Crystal Spear, the Aesir Chieftain Spear, and the Vanir Shaman spear no longer have increased damage
- Stygian Commander Tassets now have the correct leg material regardless of the character’s sex
- Wight horses no longer sport ghastly endowments
- Fixed an issue where Skeleton Keys would sometimes not be consumed when opening a legendary chest
- Also fixed an issue where legendary chests would sometimes give out loot regardless of if the player had Skeleton Keys or not
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the Savory Fodder recipe would not be granted to players upon successfully claiming the Festive Crested Lapdog Twitch drop
- Fixed an issue where male characters visually dip downwards briefly after exiting a reading stand
- Fixed an issue where players failed to buy Crom Coins within the Battlepass screen after a previous transaction was cancelled
- Fixed an issue where if a player logged out with a sheathed Bazaar/Battle Pass/Twitch Drop items, the item would disappear from hotbar after logging back in
- Fixed an issue where a Purge had the chance to spawn outside of the Curse Wall
- Fixed an issue where some Tier 4 thralls cannot be knocked out before being killed when placed in the basic Truncheon
- The Sandstorm should no longer deal damage to fully sheltered players
- Relic Hunters will now drop fewer trophies
- Shield Frames and Weapon Handles no longer drop as loot from NPCs
- Increased draw distance for grass and foliage in the swungle biome
- Battle Pass emotes are now properly organized upon being unlocked