Counter-Strike 2 has just received an update. In this latest release, Valve focused on gameplay improvements, sound enhancements, and miscellaneous fixes to make CS2 an even more enjoyable and competitive gaming environment. Below, you can find the full patch notes.
CS2 Patch Notes for 10/17/2023
- Command aliases now leverage subtick accuracy
- New sound for final 10 seconds of bomb beeping
- Added missing KSK agent voice
- Reduced falloff distance of knife impact and swish sounds
- Various tweaks and bug fixes around occlusion filters and footstep clarity
- Fixed missing gamestate integration data regarding flashbangs and damage stats
- Fixed a bug where a defused bomb would block the player from swapping to a gun dropped close by
- Fixed some cases where players could peek through ceilings
- Convar cl_draw_only_deathnotices now blocks match status alerts such as LAST ROUND OF FIRST HALF.
- Added a game server command sv_load_forced_client_names_file. Running tournament servers with +sv_load_forced_client_names_file namesfile.txt allows loading a key-values file where client names are enforced to be the tournament registered player names.
- Added an additional fallback path for game clients to download network configuration.
- Added a game setting cq_netgraph_problem_show_auto that allows players to enable automatic display of network connection issues in top right corner of game HUD.