Coffee Stain Studios, the developer behind the popular game Satisfactory, has rolled out a new update for its early access version. Labeled Update 8 v0.8.2.2, the patch brings several improvements aimed at quality of life (QOL) and important bug fixes. Here’s what you need to know about the latest changes.
Satisfactory Update 8 v0.8.2.2
- Removed restrictions for snapping signs to pillars, they can now snap to any side at any time
- When snapping a sign to a foundation, ceiling or floor, you can now hold CTRL to lay the sign down flat, otherwise it will use the pole support
- The Build Gun now remembers its last used dismantle mode, such as blueprint dismantle, so you no longer need to switch to it every time the Build Gun is brought up
- Fixed the Object Scanner displaying incorrectly when using an FOV other than 90
- Fixed the Railroad Tracks displaying incorrectly
- Fixed broken sign rotation for Beams
- Fixed an issue where certain buildings would not rotate correctly when snapping to foundation sides and ceilings
- Fixed bug where conveyor lifts were able to snap to connections which are not aligned with its input or output
- Changed the default keybinding for Saving Hologram to Hotbar to be unbound/empty
- This means that if you want to use it, you will have to manually bind it to a key, but for now it has been defaulted to nothing as it has been causing issues related to the ALT key getting stuck
- Updated all languages with the latest translations
- Updated language completion rates
- Updated community translators in the cred
- A reminder for people who have been having issues with unexpected crashes on startup or weird behaviour with the game, in that case please try to verify your game files.
You can do this on Steam by Right Clicking the game in your Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files…
And on Epic by clicking on the three dots (“…”) next to the title or at the right side, depending on your selected library view > Manage > Verify Files > Verify
This may or may not redownload a large amount of files which might take a while depending on your internet connection or hard drive speeds so be wary of that.
- If you are using mods, they might need to be updated or uninstalled after updating so please keep this in mind too.
- The first time booting the game will be very slow, but that should not continue to happen after the first boot
- Game can hang on quit
- There is major performance loss when running out of VRAM
- Factory Animation tick reductions can be slightly too aggressive
- TSR can cause visual issues with conveyor belts, you can try using the following console command to alleviate the issues, but this will reduce AntiAliasing quality
- r.TSR.ShadingRejection.Flickering 0