Sony has just pushed out another system update for its PlayStation 5 console. Version 23.02-08.20.00 brings various improvements and new features that enhance the user experience. From easier music navigation in the control center to more privacy options while using PlayStation VR2, the update is designed to offer something for everyone.
For those who enjoy broadcasting their gameplay while using the PlayStation VR2, this update offers a new privacy feature. It allows users to block the camera’s see-through view from appearing on the TV, ensuring that their environment isn’t accidentally shown to viewers.
A new voice command option is also part of this update. Users can ask, “What’s new?” to find out about the latest PS5 features. As of now, this voice command feature is in preview and is only available in English for PlayStation Network accounts in the U.S. and the U.K.
PS5 System Update Version 23.02-08.20.00
- Music in the control centre is now much easier to use. With its two-column layout, you can easily browse various categories, playlists, and songs.
- You can avoid unintentionally broadcasting your surroundings while broadcasting games with your PlayStation VR2.
- Go to Settings > Accessories > PlayStation VR2, and turn on Block See-Through View on TV to prevent the camera see-through image from being displayed on your TV while using your PS VR2.
- If you say “What’s new?” via Voice Command on any screen, you can now check for new PS5 features.
- Currently, Voice Command (Preview) is only available in English for players with accounts for PlayStation Network in the US and UK.
- We’ve improved the messages and usability on some screens.