Rocket League was launched back on July 7, 2015, and now they are celebrating their second anniversary. To celebrate with their players, Psyonix has deployed a new patch v1.35. This patch brings a lot of changes in the game, new content and fixes a lot of gameplay issues.
Since the latest patch, players can find the “Champions Field” in all Playlists, including the Private Matches as well. Engine Audio, Trails and Goal Explosions are added as part of the Car Customization category. Also, this update marks the beginning of Competitive Season 5.
Here is the list of the most important changes:
- “Champions Field” is now available in all Playlists, and in Private Matches.
- “Starbase ARC” has been updated with new visuals and reduced brightness.
- Boost pads are now standardized in all standard Arenas.
- “Overdrive” Crate has been added.
- When received, the Overdrive Crate will display as “Crate – Overdrive” in your inventory.
- “Champions” Crate Series has been retired.
- Trails are now available in the Car Customization menu.
- Trails appear behind the Wheels when your Battle-Car goes SuperSonic.
- Every player has the “Classic” Trail by default.
- More Trails are available in the Overdrive Crate.
- Goal Explosions are now available in the Car Customization menu.
- Engine Audio is now available in the Car Customization menu.
- Rick and Morty’s items are now available as drops after matches.
- Competitive Season 4 has ended. Titles and items will be awarded for your highest rank achieved during the season.
- Competitive Season 5 has begun. New for Season 5 is the “Season Reward Level,” a new type of Skill Tier progression.
These are the major changes. If you want to see the full patch notes, please visit the official Rocket League website and find out more.
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org