Pokemon Go is a free to play mobile game, developed by Niantic and released in July 2016. The game is available to play both on iOS and Android system, where your main goal is to find, battle, capture and upgrade Pokemon in order to have the strongest “Pokemon team” out there.
Since the release of the game, Pokemon Go had its own ups and downs, losing a lot of players, but when Niantic launched the Legendary Pokemon and Raids, everything has changed. A lot of Trainers came back to the game and started to enjoy playing Pokemon Go all over again. We had a chance to see, battle and catch 8 Legendary Pokemon such as Lugia, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Raikou, Entei, Suicune and Mewtwo.
It has been fun to play with all the Trainers out there, who were giving their best to achieve one goal, to catch a Legendary! But, we have to move forward and look at the upcoming features.
Even though Niantic is not sharing any comments or hints about the release date of Gen 3, I have several facts that point to it:
- At the very beginning of 2017, Niantic has stated that they have four major updates for this year. The first major update was the release of Gen 2, and the second was the gym rework. So, there are two more to come.
- Between the launch of the game and the release of Gen 2 it has been 7 months, and at this moment we are standing on 7 months since the release of Gen 2.
- With the localized events, now easy to catch Raid Bosses (Tyranitar, Snorlax, Muk, Lapras), and the addition of rare candy, a lot of players are going to be completing the existing ‘dex.
- When Niantic released Gen 2, they’ve shuffled the egg distance. The same thing happened now.
- And now it’s perfect timing to release Gen 3, due to the interest in the game and the return of a lot of players with the Raids and Legendary Pokemon.
- New spawn points added when Equinox event started.
- The triple XP for new dex entries for the Equinox.
- The third quarter of the year is about to end without a big update.
It looks like we have one last chance to complete our Gen 2 dex before Niantic launches Gen 3. How about this? Legendary Pokemon Beasts, then new Raid Bosses and then Gen 3? Sounds great, right?
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!