The Escapists 2 has been improving since its launch, and the developers behind Team17 were most likely about to release something new. The community was in need of something more familiar to help them edit on their own. Therefore, Team17 has finally released player’s favor.
Typically, by using Steam Workshop players can now quickly create their prisons so they can enjoy something new. The creations behind them will be available to their friends as well. Hence, every game that includes Steam Workshop is widely open to its owners. All they need is to visit The Escapists 2 workshop and subscribe to the particular map, which in turn will download it on their PC, automatically.
Below is a trailer regarding the new Prison Map Editor.
Furthermore, despite the Prison Map Editor as an essential feature in this update, there has been various of bug fixes and improvements for PC, Linux, and OSX. Since its launch on August 22, The Escapists has been receiving quite a positive feedback from its community.
Below you can find detailed patch notes:
- Made various performance improvements on PC, OSX, and Linux
- Fixed an issue creating a soft lock when players tab out of the game and plugs a controller in
- Fixed an issue preventing the Minimap from expanding when clicked on
- Fixed an issue preventing to unlock the “Artful Dodger” achievement when playing as a client in an Online Multiplayer session
- Fixed an issue preventing to unlock the “Good Intentions” achievement
- Fixed a graphic issue on Wicked Ward which caused display issues on the lower floors when viewed from the floor above
- Fixed an issue causing the bike fitness machine animation to play even when no one was on it
- Fixed an issue causing the prisoners’ head to pop out of kennels when trying to hide.
- Fixed an issue causing some UI elements to remain on screen when quitting during Solitary and reconnecting right after
- Fixed graphic issues occurring when collecting Cutlery while holding a Food Tray
- Fixed an issue whereby changing Play Modes when Roll Call starts blocks Inmates from entering Purple Doors
- Fixed rendering issues on some resolutions with terrain graphics
- Fixed an issue preventing clients from seeing the Lockdown lights
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org