Niantic and Pokemon Go are planning to host new events in the following months, to be more precise there are nine events coming in May, June and July. Some of them are only for the US, some are only for Europe and some are worldwide.
When I say following months, I mean – May (19-31), June and July.
First thing first, let’s start with May. We are looking forward to four new events until the end of this month.
1. Community Day event featuring Charmander on May 19 – worldwide – FINISHED;
“Get out and play together in your local community parks on Pokémon GO Community Day. For just a few hours each month, you can encounter a special Pokémon in the wild. During these hours, there’s a chance to learn a previously unavailable move for that Pokémon or its evolution, as well as earn some Community Day bonuses. Celebrate what it means to be a part of the Pokémon GO community and make new friends along the way!
Note: Fast TMs and Charged TMs will not grant exclusive moves during Community Day. To learn the exclusive move, you must catch or evolve the featured Pokémon during Community Day hours.”
2. Marina del Rey Art Walk on May 19 – only for the US – FINISHED;
“Come join in on the annual Marina del Rey community event on Sunday, May 20 and go on a self-guided walking tour to explore the public art and historic buildings. Family friendly and lots of activities for players of all ages.” Feel free to check this link for more info.
3. Rock Type Event from May 24 until June 5 – FINISHED:
- Unique Field Research with new rewards and Aerodactyl as a Raid Boss;
- Rock type Pokemon will be with increased spawn rates;
- Buddy Pokemon will earn 4x Candy faster;
- Extra XP for spinning PhotoDisc at Pokestops or Gyms – up to 10 times the usual amount if this is your first time encountering a unique PokeStop or Gym.
4. Cheyenne Pick Up Party on May 26 – only for the US – FINISHED;
“Join Trainers in Cheyenne, WY for a community clean-up event – a fun-filled day of playing Pokemon Go with friends and family while helping the community! Meet up at 2:00 PM at the Big Boy gym location in holiday APrk. Clean up us from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM followed by a lure party from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM.” Here you can find more details.
That’s all for the month of May, and next on the list is June with four events as well.
1. Portland Rose Festival on June 2 – only for the US – FINISHED;
“Portland area players: Stop by the Portland Rose Festival CityFair on June 2 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM for a Pokemon Go and Ingress meetup where we’ll be matching all donations made to the Oregon Humane Society.”
2. Water Festival Event starting June 7 – 21
- Water-type Pokémon, such as Magikarp, Wailmer, and Shellder, will appear more frequently in the wild.
- 3× Stardust for catching Water Type Pokémon.
- 2× Candy and Stardust for every Egg hatched.
- 2k eggs can hatch Totodile, Mudkip, and Corphish.
- New water-based field research tasks.
- Raid boss Kyogre will be active during the even, and can be shiny.
3. Community Day on June 16 – worldwide – FINISHED;
The sixth in a row Community Day event went live on June 16 featuring LArvitar as the Special Pokemon, 3x Catch XP and 3 hour Lures.
4. Safari Zone at Dortmund on June 30/July 1 – only in Dortmund, Germany;
“We’re excited to announce that Niantic, Inc. and the city of Dortmund in Germany are hosting a Pokemon Go Safari Zone event in the extraordinary Westfalenpark. From Saturday, June 30, through Sunday, July 1, Trainers of all ages will be able to catch a wide variety of Pokemon, including some rarely seen throughout Europe, while exploring the largest inner city park in Europe as well as the city of Dortmund with its very unique charm.”
And last on the list is July also with three Pokemon Go events:
1. Safari Zone at Dortmund on June 30/July 1 – only in Dortmund, Germany;
2. Community Day on July 8 – worldwide;
The seventh in a row Community Day event is confirmed, and Squirtle is the next Special Pokemon.
3. Pokemon Go Fest on July 14/15 – only for the US, but Niantic will also host a new global challenge event during PoGo Fest 2018.
The tickets for this event are sold out, so those who will attend might want to see this PoGo Fest 2018 guide.
Mark these events on your calendar Trainers and have fun catching ’em all!
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!