Trainers, a new event has been announced by Niantic and starting from December 18 until January 2, players across the globe will see increased spawn rate of Ice-Type Pokemon, catch Delibird and its shiny form and earn bonuses.
The Pokemon Go Holiday event 2018 is going live on December 18 and will end on January 2. Throughout this event, a number of overlapping events will occur, and these events will grant you different bonuses. Here is a list that you might find useful. For those who want to see the official announcement, please visit this link.
From December 18 until January 2
- Ice Type Pokemon and festive Pikachu will have increased spawn rate
- Smoochum, Azurill, Munchlax, Chingling, Mantyke and Riolu will hatch from 7km Eggs
- Delibird is coming back, and this time players will also have a chance to catch its shiny form
- Spinning a PokeStop will get you free single-use incubator once per day
From December 18 until December 22
- x2 Candy for catching and transferring Pokemon
From December 22 until December 26
- x2 Catch Stardust
From December 26 until December 30
- x2 XP for catching Pokemon
From December 30 until January 2
- Incubators will be twice as effective
In addition, Pokemon Go and Niantic are celebrating the Holidays with a Delibird themed sweater, gloves and boots that can be found in the Style Shop on December 18.
For last, we just got a confirmation that new Gen 4 Pokemon will also start to spawn starting on December 18 and they will continue to appear after the Holiday event. Sounds good to us!