The long awaited BFV Update, Lightning Strikes coming in this week. The second Chapter will be alive very soon, bringing a brand new co-op game mode, and the return of Rush.
Moreover, this update is here to add more weapons, vehicles, and new company gear. EA has created a brand new teaser, showcasing lots of changes coming to Battlefield V.
Even though this update is still far away from Battlefield V’s Battle Royale mode, it is crystal clear that the Firestorm update will become available in March, just as clarified in the trailer below:
Below you can find all the update highlights:
A tighter and more intense version of Conquest, in Squad Conquest two squads per team battle it out over smaller, more tactical layouts of three existing maps: Arras, Hamada, and Rotterdam. These maps all feature 16 players on two teams, three flags, spawning restricted to HQs, and limited access to vehicles. Clear lanes and conservative combat areas allow players to predict where enemies are coming from, where they need to defend, and how to subvert enemy movement. Learn more about Squad Conquest.
These are some of the weapons that will be obtainable through the Weekly Challenges in January and February:
- Zk-383 SMG (Medic class)
- Modele 1944 semi-automatic rifle (Assault class)
- M1922 MMG (Support class)
Time to Death and Death Experience Fixes
We’ve made a number of changes in these areas:
- The name of the enemy that has killed a player is now shown in the game world when the player has died. This highlights the killer and helps players understand who killed them and from where, especially in crowded situations.
- The death experience has improved with the addition of a camera that now follows and zooms towards the killer. This will allow players to understand what killed them and the position of the killer.
- The accuracy of the visual representation of incoming bullets for other players has been improved. Tracers should now properly appear to consistently appear from the shooter and should be clearer when the victim is looking directly at the shooter.
- An issue was fixed with the UI directional damage indicator that delayed the indication of damage to the victim.
- Tweaks were made to the UI directional damage indicator to more accurately point towards the enemy damaging the player.