The new Go Snapshot feature in the Pokemon GO mobile game is now live for the players that are above level 5. This feature also includes a new Pokemon: Generation 2 Pokemon Smeargle.
GO Snapshot allows players to take photos of their Pokemon and share the photos on social media. Occasionally, Smeargle will “photobomb” and at the same time will spawn in the wild and will be able to be captured.
This new Gen 2 Pokemon will appear only once per day, according to reports from the Pokemon Go community. What is amazing is that when Smeargle appears on the GO Snapshot with another Pokemon, it will copy its moveset.
Now, let’s see how to catch Smeargle in Pokemon Go.
- When you take 10 photos, you can review all by pressing on the exit button on the top left corner. Now, review all photos until you see Smeargle’s head pop up on the lower left or right corner. If Smeargle doesn’t photobomb you, then try again on a new set of 10
- When you spot Smeargle on one of the pictures taken, exit out of GO Snapshot and the Pokemon will spawn in the wild, right next to you. Throw a ball and catch it!
- Please remember, Smeargle won’t appear in real time, it only appears when a player reviews the taken photo
- Smeargle will stay spawned for ONE hour, meaning you will have an hour to catch it before it disappears
- Choose wisely when taking a picture, as Smeargle learns the moves from that Pokemon
You are all set now! Go out there and catch ’em all!