Niantic revealed their ‘Three-Strikes and you’re out’ cheating policy, and it looks like a player will have three chances to change their way of playing before getting permanently banned in Pokemon Go.
As of July 19, 2018, there are three stages/strikes before a player (cheater/spoofer) gets a permanent ban – warning, suspension, and termination. Each strike serves as a warning and Niantic created this policy in order for a player to ‘learn from the mistakes and change the way of playing.’
In addition, these players are not always given the chance to come back and play all over again. As Niantic says, some misbehaviors may result in an instant permaban.
The following is recognized by Niantic as cheating:
- Using modified or unofficial software
- Playing with multiple accounts (one account per player)
- Using tools or techniques to alter or falsify your location (“spoofing”)
- Sharing accounts
- Intentionally exploiting a bug to gain a reward
- Abusing refund policy and mechanism
- Buying or selling in-game currency or items on third-party platforms
- Buying/selling/trading accounts
- Any other activity that is in violation of Niantic’s Terms of Service
Pokemon Go First Strike – WARNING
If this strike is issued, you will see a warning message within the Pokemon Go app informing you that we have detected cheating on your account. This is also known as the Softban.
What is Softban?
GPS Spoofing, traveling and traveling too fast (while in a moving car) or sharing accounts, will get you soft banned.
There are two ways to check if you’ve been soft banned:
- Any Pokemon will instantly flee when you try to catch it
- Players can’t loot from PokeStops
In addition to this warning, your gameplay experience may be degraded in the following ways for the duration of the warning:
- You may not be able to encounter rare Pokemon in the wild. These Pokemon may not appear on the map or on the Nearby Pokemon tracker.
- You may be excluded from receiving new EX Raid Passes.
This strike will last for approximately 7 days. After this period, your gameplay experience will fully be restored.
Pokemon Go Second Strike – SUSPENSION
If your account is issued a second strike, you will temporarily lose access to your Pokemon Go account. When attempting to log into the game, you’ll be presented with a message stating that your account is suspended.
This strike will last for approximately 30 days. After that period, your account access will be restored.
Pokemon Go Third Strike – TERMINATION
I don’t encourage players to use specific apps to spoof/cheat. Now, Niantic is very strict with their policy and the rules are there for a reason. Try not to break them and you’ll be safe!
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!