Trainers, Pokemon Go celebrated their 3rd anniversary on July 6, 2019, and since launch, the game made close to $3 billion in revenue.
According to Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data, Pokemon Go is on second place right behind Clash of Clash on the “Player Spending” chart, with $2.65B in revenue. On third place is Clash Royale and on fourth is Candy Crush Saga.
Pokemon Go iOS and Android players have spent $2.65 billion worldwide and here is a breakdown by country:
- Pokemon Go players from the US are spending the most: 35% of gross revenue or $928 million
- Pokemon Go players from Japan are second with 29% of gross revenue or $779 million
- Pokemon Go players from Germany spent $159 million or 6% of the game’s gross revenue
- Android users $1.43 billion or 54%
- iOS users $1.22 billion or 46%
Pokemon GO continues to be a top earner across the app stores, ranking No. 8 among all apps for worldwide revenue in June and No. 9 in Q2. The game has grossed $395 million globally so far in 2019, which is up 19 percent over the first half of last year. All told, players have spent an average of $2.4 million in the game each day since launch and an average of $5 for each of its 521 million downloads.
It looks like Pokemon Go will reach $3 billion and even more this year.
How much have you spent on Pokemon so far? We would like to hear from you, so please let us know in the comment section below.