Update: Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go announced the 2020 Lunar New Year event and below you can find all details, bonuses, new Pokemon, shiny and more.
Pokemon Go Lunar New Year 2020
- Red Pokemon with increased spawn rate in the wild – Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, and Foongus
- Gyarados in the wild – can be shiny
- Shuckle, Foongus and Darumaka from 7KM Eggs
- Gifts will reward Rare Candy
- Lucky Friends chance will be increased
- Minccino Limited Research
Previous Story: Trainers, Lunar New Year is right around the corner and Niantic and Pokemon Go will celebrate the Year of the Rat with a new in-game event, new bonuses, and shiny forms.
The first day of the Chinese New Year will be on Saturday, January 25, initiating the Year of the Rat, which means that a new rat/rodent event will be taking place sometime around the 25th.
There is no official info about this year’s Lunar New Year event in Pokemon Go, but, the great minds discovered a Minccino Research in the GM file, and according to rumors, we might get Shiny Bidoof family.
That being said, here is what we expect to see during this year’s Lunar New Year event.
Lunar New Year 2020 Event
- Minccino Research tasks and rewards – you can find the complete list of tasks here
- Shiny Bidoof Family
- Increased spawn rate of specific Pokemon (possibly rodent-like Pokemon, for more info check below)
- DBL XP
- Stardust bonus
- When you trade a Pokemon, there is an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokemon
If they decide to run a similar Lunar New Year event as the previous year, here is a list of Pokemon that might get an increased spawn rate. Please have in mind that the following Pokemon a rodent-based Pokemon.
More info to follow soon, so stay tuned!