Update: The second wave of EX Raids went live and is set to go live on March 15, 2020, featuring Regigigas as the EX Raid Boss.
Previous Story: Trainers, the first EX Raid Battle is set to go live on Saturday, March 7, 2020, and it seems like the EX Raid Boss Regigigas is not going anywhere anytime soon.
So far, Niantic and Pokemon Go introduced six Pokemon as EX Raid Bosses and if we look at the timeline, each of these Legendary Pokemon was an EX Raid Boss for a year.
Take a look:
- Mewtwo was the first EX Raid Boss. It was available in EX Raids from September 2017 until September 2018. It was also available for a month before Regigigas took over EX Raids (October 2019)
- Deoxys’s all forms (Normal, Attack, Defence and Speed) was the next, second EX Raid Boss in Pokemon Go. Deoxys’ and its forms took over EX Raids from September 2018 until September 2019
- Regigigas is the current EX Raid Boss. It was first available as EX Raid Boss in November 2019
So, if we follow the timeline and if they don’t make any changes, it seems like we ‘stuck’ with Regigigas until November 2020.
If that’s the case, you might want to check out our ‘Regigigas Counters’ guide below and use the following Pokemon and moves when in battle.
Regigigas Best Counters
- Conkeldurr with Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Lucario with Counter/Aura Sphere
- Machamp with Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Breloom with Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama with Counter/Dynamic Punch
You’re all set now, and the only thing you’re missing is an EX Raid invitation and below you can learn how to increase your chances of getting one.
Pokemon Go has a special type of raids, called EX Raids. There are few things you need to have/do to take part in a raid like this.
The first thing, the most important one is the Pass. You must have an EX Raid pass in order to enter the event. These raids are invite-only raids that happen at a specific time, at a specific gym. The more you raid, the higher chances you have at getting an invite.
When taking part in an EX Raid, you will be able to battle a Pokemon that is, maybe, not all of the time, available at that event, or one that has some kind of a powerful/exclusive move. But, the thing is that, eventually, these Pokemon will come to the game through the Legendary Pokemon Raid rotation. The Pokemon that you fight during an EX Raid is said to be more powerful than a Tier 5 Raid Pokemon. This means that you will need a larger group of Trainers to defeat it.
To increase your chances of getting an EX Raid pass, you need to get a Gold Gym Badge at an Ex Raid eligible gym, have completed a higher number of Raid Battles and you also have to have raided at an EX Raid eligible gym with 20 or more players in the last week.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!