Update: Gastly Community Day event will go live on July 19 from 11 AM to 5 PM local time.
- Gastly will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Gastly.
- Evolve Haunter (the evolved form of Gastly) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Gengar that knows Shadow Punch.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase July Community Day Box, featuring 30 Ultra Balls, an Elite Fast TM, two Incense, and two Super Incubators.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Community Day–exclusive Special Research story: The Great Gastly!
- Follow Professor Willow as he investigates some spooky happenings in his mobile lab!
Stay tuned for when tickets for The Great Gastly Special Research story go live! Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
- Eggs will require 1/4 Hatch Distance when placed in Incubators during the event period. Please note that this bonus will not stack with other active Hatch Distance bonuses.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
Previous Story: Trainers, the next, seventh in a row Community Day event of 2020 is going live in July, featuring Gastly, its shiny forms, new special move, and cool bonuses.
Niantic and Pokemon Go didn’t share any details about the exact date when July’s Community Day is going live, but we expect to see an official announcement very soon.
The Community Day events usually go live during a weekend, from 11 AM to 5 PM local time, and we expect Gastly Community Day to go live on the 18th of July. Please have in mind that this is not confirmed yet and it’s only our guess.
July’s Community Day will bring Gastly and this Pokemon will be appearing more frequently in the wild and we would definitely have a chance to catch its shiny forms.
As for the bonuses, we would most likely get 3x Catch Stardust or 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance and 3-hour Lures. They will also launch a new special one-time-purchase Community Day bundle, but we don’t have details on which items will be included.
More details will be revealed very soon, so until then stay with us and get the latest Pokemon Go news.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!