We know we’re falling behind with the weapon builds, but we’ve taken our time for what’s supposed to be a guide for the long run. In this Escape From Tarkov guide, we’ll provide you with cheap but effective early to mid-game weapons and attachments, also known as Budget Builds. Usually, these builds perform well, as recoil or any other important weapon property shouldn’t be a problem. Do not forget though, you still need to land your shots.
Our friend DSR hasn’t stopped playing the game multiple patches in a row, and you can usually find him in the preset feature tinkering new builds. He wants to make builds that are cheap but effective. The following weapons and modifications are subject to change, especially as we progress through future wipes, so we’ll keep this list updated.
Just a quick note, if you’re seeking the best ammunition, then you should probably visit the ammo damage table. There you can find the ammunition that is the best suitable for the caliber you’re using. It’s normal to get the best ammo you could get, but in the early game, try to acquire ammo based on the occasion or raid.
Escape From Tarkov Cheap but Effective weapon loadouts – Budget Builds
Below you can find a couple of budget weapon builds (weapons + attachments) – cheap to expensive. All of the META weapons are expensive and unaffordable during early levels. That is why the low-budget ones matter. The ammo is what composes the power, so think twice before loading your weapon.
The builds below aim to provide not only power but also balance, such as solid recoil that will help you with spraying. Thanks to DSR, we leave you with his builds.
- Default Stock + GP-25 Recoil Pad for AK. (3500 Roubles)
- Pistol Grip Zenit Rk-3 AK (9000 Roubles)
- Handguard Polymer AK-100 Series Foregrip (1400 Roubles)
- Tactical Grip Zenit RK-0 Foregrip (6800 Roubles)
- Dust Cover default
- Optics EKP-8-02 (9900 Roubles)
- Muzzle Zenit DTK-1 Muzzle Brake (4500 Roubles)
TOTAL COST: ~ 67434 Roubles
AKS-74U / UB
This weapon is purchasable from Prapor for 72979 rubles, but it may be acquired for a barter item, Cat Figurine. Cat Figurines go around 30,000 roubles on the FLEA MARKET, so you can get an AK for half the roubles of the initial price.
- Default Stock IzhMash metal stock for AKS-74U and Recoil Pad from GP-25 for AK Accessory Kit – (Prapor LVL2 3425 Roubles)
- Handguard B-11 AKS-74U Handguard – (Skier LVL2 5766 Roubles)
- Foregrip Zenit RK-0 Foregrip – (Skier LVL3 6993 Roubles)
- Pistol Grip Zenit RK-3 AK pistol grip – (Skier LVL2 9014 Roubles)
- Dust Cover Default AKS-74U Dust cover 6P26 Sb.7 – (Prapor LVL1 1270 Roubles)
- Charge Handle Zenit RP-1 charge handle for AK – (Skier LVL2 2956 Roubles)
- Mount B-18 Mount – (Mechanic LVL2 3529 Roubles)
- Optic Burris FastFire Weaver Base – (Peacekeeper LVL1 $15) and Burris FastFire 3 Reflex Sight – (Peacekeeper LVL1 $155)
TOTAL COST: ~90000 Roubles
AKMN 7.62×39 assault rifle
- Stock AKM/AK-74 PT lock (Skier LVL2 3540 Roubles) and Zenit PT-1 “Klassika” Stock – (Skier LVL2 13052 Roubles)
- Handguard Polymer AK-100 series foregrip – (Prapor LVL1 – 1402 Roubles)
- Foregrip Zenit RK-0 Foregrip – (Skier LVL3 – 6993 Roubles)
- Pistol grip Zenit RK-3 AK pistol grip – (Skier LVL3 – 9014 Roubles)
- Dust Cover Akademia Bastion dust cover for AK – (Skier LVL2 – 6105 Roubles)
- Sight OKP-7 reflex sight – (Skier LVL2 12468)
- Muzzle brake Tajtuja Tula AK and AKM adapter – (Skier – LVL2 687 Roubles) and SRVV 7.62×39 AK muzzle brake & compensator (Mechanic lvl3 6378 Roubles)
- Magazine 30-Round 7.62×39 magazine for Ak-103 and compatible weapons – (Prapor lvl2 2052 Roubles)
- Charge handle Zenit RP-1 for AK – (Skier LVL2 2956 Roubles)
The three weapons above are obviously cheaper and more affordable for new players. With the attachments combined, they mend every weapon attribute just enough for smooth control and decent performance. But now, let’s take a look at the more expensive ones below.
In the previous wipes, we know that prices were even cheaper until Battlestate Games decided to overhaul the economy. Hence, the M4A1 and M1A are not as affordable now as they were before. We do not know how deep your pocket is, but it’s definitely something to pay attention to when buying. Whether is that on the FLEA market or in-game traders, make sure you plan your purchases in advance.
TOTAL COST: ~103725 Roubles
- Double Star Ace Socom gen.4 stock for AR-15 – (11396 Mechanic)
- 370mm barrel for AR-15 compatible 5.56×45 – ($230 Peacekeeper)
- Windham Weaponry Rail Gas block – (5828 Roubles Mechanic)
- Annihilator 7.62×39 5.56×45 and 9mm flash hider for AR-15 – (8398 Roubles Mechanic)
- Strike Industries Viper Carabine length M-LOK foregrip (FDE) for AR-15 – (10165 Mechanic)
- Magpul M-LOK AFG Tactical Grip – ($75 Peacekeeper)
- Holosun HS401G5 Reflex sight – (16535 Skier)
- Star AR rife grip for AR-15 compatible weapons – ($41 Peacekeeper)
- PMAG GEN M3 W 30 5.56×45 Stanag 30 round magazine – ($36 Peacekeeper)
TOTAL COST: ~133136 Roubles
Springfield Armory M1A
- Si Advanced receiver extensive buffer tube – (10240 Roubles – Mechanic)
- Mft Bus Stock – ($76 – Peacekeeper)
- 16 Barrel for M1A 7.62×51 – (16692 Roubles – Mechanic)
- Troy S.A.S.S Chassis stock for M14 – (39141 Roubles Mechanic)
- Zenit RK-1 Foregrip – (17674 Skier)
- Eotech XPS3-0 Holographic Sight ($187 – Peacekeeper)
- HK “Battle grip” Pistol Grip for AR-15 Based Systems – (1712 Roubles – Mechanic)
- Socom 16 7.62×51 muzzle brake & compensator for M1A – (5253 Roubles – Mechanic)
- Lantac Dragon 7.62×51 muzzle brake – ($117 Peacekeeper)
- X-14 M14 50 round 7.62×51 magazine – (16000 – 20000 Mechanic, depends on GMCOUNT on flea market because it’s a barter item.)
TOTAL COST: ~ 182797 Roubles
Don’t forget to check this article frequently because more weapons are going to be added in the future.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!