Proletariat’s Spellbreak, the unique action-spellcasting Battle Royale, is estimated to get an exciting new update. What appears to be the first out of many to come, “Prologue: The Gathering Storm” is a major content update coming to Spellbreak. The major update will launch on October 22 and introduce a slew of Season Updates and additions coming to the game.
Clash Mode, Weekly Quests, Talents, and more will arrive at Spellbreak, allowing players to choose from a vast and diverse build to fit their favorite gameplay and conquer the Hollow Lands. Worry not, the gauntlets will remain the original ability and combo modifiers, but I am very excited about the three new talents that will modify everyone’s playstyle.
Spellbreak’s latest update includes:
- New Content — Prologue: The Gathering Storm will be free to all players and feature weekly quests with unique rewards
- Introducing Clash Mode — 9v9 team deathmatch with 3 squads on each team
- New Talents — Enable players to further customize their playstyle
- Vigor: Bonus health
- Ambidextrous: Enables the passive class ability in your offhand gauntlet
- Foresight: Reveals nearby players on your minimap and shows future shrines/circles
- Halloween Content — New Outfits, Artifacts, Cloudbursts, Afterglows, Emotes, and Badges! Just in time for “Hollowed Eve!”
As the press release reads:
Award-winning independent game studio Proletariat today announced that their multiplayer action-spellcasting game, Spellbreak, will launch its first seasonal content update, Prologue: The Gathering Storm, on October 22, 2020. The first major update to the game will introduce Clash Mode, offering a new way to experience Spellbreak via team deathmatch, as well as new talents, potions, and cosmetics. The update will be free to all Spellbreak players.
“After an incredible launch, Spellbreak now has millions of players around the world,” said Seth Sivak, CEO of Proletariat. “This update represents the beginning of our plan to deliver robust content that offers new ways to experience Spellbreak’s unique combat and gives players a first taste of how we plan to deliver ongoing story content.”