With the introduction of the GO Beyond update, we couldn’t help but wonder, what will happen with the level of our Pokemon? Well, worry no more, because we have the answer and that’s the XL Candy. Many players are also wondering what is the new XL Candy, how does it work, and how to get one, so ask no more, we got you covered.
In their brief, Niantic has announced that Pokemon can level up beyond level 40 too. Their Max CP will increase with the use of the new XL Candy after level 40. You can get the new XL Candy from catching, hatching, trading, and transferring Pokemon.
Pokemon Go players from Australia were the first to get a chance to test all the Go Beyond features, and they were kind enough to share more details about the XL Candy. Thanks to them, we learned many interesting and useful things about XL Candy that we want to share with you.
All useful information can be found in the list below.
- Catching Pokemon has a chance to drop XL Candy
- Transferring Pokemon has a chance to drop XL Candy
- Stack rare Pokemon in Research and have Pokemon to transfer
- Hatching Eggs have a higher chance to drop XL Candy
- You should save trades and transfers of rare Pokemon for a higher chance
- Trading is the best way to get XL Candy
The ones that are/will be below level 41 do not need to worry about XL Candy, because you will continue to use your regular candies for the power-ups. However, even though there will be a maximum of fifty levels, with the Buddy boost, your Pokemon can reach level fifty-one. Interesting right?
What do you think about this? Are you ready for new experiences after reaching level 40?