Trainers, Galarian Mr. Mime, and its evolution Mr. Rime are coming to Pokemon Go via pay-to-play Special Research on December 19, 2020.
Niantic and Pokemon Go announced this year’s Winter event and starting from December 18 until December 21, 2020, players around the globe will see an increased spawn rate of Pokemon related to cold and to sound.
They also announced a pay-yo-play Special Research story featuring Galarian Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime.
Here is everything you should know, thanks to Pokemon Go:
Enjoy a weekend with Pokémon related to cold and to sound
Bundle up and get ready for some chill tunes! It seems Galarian Mr. Mime’s arrival will inspire some cool and melodious Pokémon to be attracted to Incense. From Friday, December 18, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, December 21, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time, you can enjoy the following features, whether or not you have a ticket for the Galarian Mr. Mime Special Research story event.
- Pokémon such as Jynx, Swinub, Spoink, Woobat, Cubchoo, and more will be attracted to Incense more frequently!
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Cubchoo!
- Incense will be more effective at attracting Pokémon
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap… Enjoy a Special Research story event
Strange things have been happening to Professor Willow lately. From slipping on a thick sheet of ice outside his mobile lab, to being kept up late by a mysterious tapping noise outside—he needs your help to get to the bottom of what could be causing this trouble! If you have a ticket, you can take part wherever you can play Pokémon GO.
You can purchase a ticket to gain access to this unique limited-time experience and complete Special Research to earn an encounter with Galarian Mr. Mime! You’ll also be able to earn enough Mr. Mime Candy to evolve your Galarian Mr. Mime into Mr. Rime!
Date + Time
Saturday, December 19, 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time
A ticket to this Special Research story event will grant you access to a unique experience! This event comes with the opportunity to access or earn the following.
- You’ll be able to access a new Special Research line featuring an encounter with a Galarian Mr. Mime—its first appearance in Pokémon GO! You’ll also be able to earn enough Mr. Mime Candy by the end of the Special Research story to evolve your Galarian Mr. Mime into a Mr. Rime!
- You’ll earn a special event medal.
Complete Special Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Alolan Vulpix, Jigglypuff, Jynx, Whismur, Chimecho, and Snorunt.
- You’ll earn a brand-new avatar pose inspired by Mr. Mime.
- Completing Special Research will earn you three Incense, three Rare Candies, 30 Ultra Balls, three Premium Battle Passes, one Poffin, two Glacial Lure Modules, three Super Incubators, and three Star Pieces.
- Exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Jynx, Lapras, Woobat, and Cubchoo.
- To receive the Tap… Tap… Tappity-Tap… Special Research, you must open Pokémon GO during the event from Saturday, December 19, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. local time. After you’ve received the Special Research, you can complete it at any time.
- The ticket is US$7.99 (or the equivalent in your local currency), not including any taxes or fees, and can be purchased from the in-game shop. The ticket cannot be purchased with PokéCoins.
- Once tickets become available to purchase, they’ll remain available for purchase until Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. local time. Stay tuned for when tickets will become available for purchase!
- The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable(subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).