Outriders, the new Destiny alike phenomenon is ready to commit its development team to improve the game even further. People Can Fly, the company behind Outriders, has confirmed that the upcoming patch will focus on multiple improvements such as in-game stutters, and fix numerous minor bugs.
This is Outrider’s first-ever post-launch patch and has already found some GPU issues that decline smooth gameplay. The new patch is arriving during the next week, and will further optimize DX11 and DX12, just to alleviate any further stutters. Multiple crash issues are also being addressed. According to the official patch notes, the development team is also working on matchmaking improvements that should be addressed as well.
Furthermore, the new Outriders patch will enable cross-play that will allow players from different platforms to join forces and delve into the journey together. Outriders has been a refreshing story so far, with decent narrative-driven content and grindy feedback that incentivizes players to strenthgen their characters to their maximum.
Without further ado, take a look at the complete patch notes below:
- This is our first big patch for the main Outriders game.
- As of today, the deployment of this patch is scheduled for next week, as we are using this week to identify as many severe issues as possible, fix them and then thoroughly test the changes across all platforms. Submission through platform holders adds on a little bit of time as well, which is why we are not able to deploy this patch any earlier.
- We are doing our utmost to deliver you a stable patch as soon as possible and we are continually looking at ways to bring the patch release day earlier. This is why we are not yet committing to a patch release date, as we may still be able to release the patch before such a date.
- We will let you know as soon as we have a confirmed release schedule, so please do keep an eye on our social channels and in particular our Twitter.
First Patch – Patch Notes:
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues
- Once platforms have been updated to the same patch version, cross-play across platforms will become viable again
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service
- Crash Fixes
- Will Fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped
- Will fix the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues
- Will include many more “random” crash fixes
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!