Update: The Special Weekend participants will have their bonus increased to x4 Catch XP if the Global Luminous Legends Y Challenge is completed.
Previous Story: Trainers, a new Special Weekend event is going live in the US and this time only Verizon users will be able to enjoy all the features and bonuses.
These are exclusive in-game events that you can access using a ticket that can only be obtained from a participating Pokemon Go partner, either physically or digitally. The ticket contains a code that you can redeem via the Offer Redemption website.
Once you redeem your ticket, you’ll be able to participate in the event at the time specified on the ticket, and you’ll be able to enjoy the event wherever you are.
Here is what to expect during the Verizon Special Weekend event.
Verizon Special Weekend May 2021
Date + Time
Saturday, May 29, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
The following features will be available for Trainers that redeem an event ticket obtained from our participating partners.
The following features will be available on Saturday, May 29, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
- Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Eevee, Marill, Sableye, Stunky, Spritzee, and Swirlix will be attracted to Incense. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Eevee!
- Different Unown will be attracted to Incense depending on the participating partner in your region. (Shiny Unown will not be appearing during the event.)
- Verizon: Unown V
- 7-Eleven Mexico: Unown S
- Yoshinoya: Unown Y
The following features will be available on Saturday, May 29, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time.
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will reward encounters with Eevee, Spritzee, Swirlix, and Deino!
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will be available and reward XP, Stardust, an Incense, a Star Piece, a Lucky Egg, Spritzee Candy, and Swirlix Candy.
- You’ll have an increased chance of receiving Lucky Pokémon when you trade with a friend.
- You’ll also have an increased chance of becoming Lucky Friends when interacting with a friend during the weekend.
- You’ll earn double the XP for catching Pokémon.
- You’ll receive an exclusive medal when you redeem a ticket code on the Offer Redemption website.
Features available for all Trainers
The following bonuses will be available for all Trainers around the world—even those without an event ticket—from Friday, May 28, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 31, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The number of Gifts you can open daily will double.
- Trade range will be increased to 40 km!
NOTE: Players must redeem the promo code before the event ends on Sunday, May 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time to gain access to the event. As a reminder, the event-exclusive Incense bonuses are only available from Saturday, May 29, 2021, at 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, so Trainers must redeem the promo code before 5:00 p.m. local time on that day to gain access to those bonuses.
How to Claim a ticket
To obtain the Verizon Special Weekend ticket, be sure to sign in to the Verizon Up rewards program app with your Verizon ID or mobile phone number. Only one ticket can be redeemed per Pokemon Go account. Offer codes are personal and cannot be transferred. If you’re eligible, unlock your tickets here.
Please make sure you have entered the correct offer code.
All characters used in the code are uppercase. Please note that the following characters are not included in offer codes:
Alphabet: “l”, “Q”, “S”.
Numbers: “0 (zero)” and “1”.
Each offer code can only be redeemed once and can’t be applied to multiple accounts.
If you can’t access the Offer Code Redemption site, try copying and pasting the following URL into your browser:
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!