Update: Trainers, Niantic and Pokemon Go announced the details about the upcoming Fashion Week 2021 event.
Here is everything you should know:
Furfrou, the Poodle Pokémon, is making its Pokémon GO debut during our Fashion Week event—along with many of its forms! Keep an eye out for a variety of stylishly dressed Pokémon in the wild and in raids, along with new avatar items in the shop. In celebration of the event, the shop will be having a first-of-its-kind sale on select avatar items!
Date + Time
Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
- Furfrou will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Some of its different forms will be available in certain regions around the world. Please reference the bottom of this post to learn how to use the new form-change mechanic.
- Natural Form: Available in the wild globally
- Matron Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Dandy Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Debutante Trim: Available as a form change in the Americas
- Diamond Trim: Available as a form change in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Star Trim: Available as a form change in the Asia-Pacific
- La Reine Trim: Available as a form change in France
- Kabuki Trim: Available as a form change in Japan
- Pharaoh Trim: Available as a Form change in Egypt
- Heart Trim: Stay tuned!
- Look forward to Pokémon like Butterfree, Sneasel, and Blitzle wearing fashionable costumes for the first time! Costumed Pokémon that starred during last year’s Fashion Week event—like Smoochum, Kirlia, Shinx, and Croagunk—will return as well!
- The next part of the Season of Mischief Special Research story, Misunderstood Mischief, will unlock. Help Professor Willow study up on how Pokémon like Furfrou—and others that might surprise you—change their appearances!
- Complete Special Research to earn an encounter with the beautifully voiced Meloetta! If you have already accessed the Pokémon GO Fest 2021–exclusive Special Research, completing this new Special Research will instead earn you Meloetta Candy.
- Fashionable Trainers with fashionable Pokémon and more will be appearing at PokéStops throughout the event. Challenge these Trainers to earn rewards!
- Complete Timed Research for a chance to earn encounters with fashionable event-themed Pokémon! You can also earn an exclusive Furfrou Wig avatar item as a final reward. The Furfrou Wig will also be available for purchase in the shop after the event is over, beginning Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7).
- Starting on Monday, September 20, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT –7), Fashion Week avatar items—like Hoopa Bangles—will be available in the shop!
- Certain avatar items will be on sale for a limited time! Make sure to check out the shop and find your next fashionable outfit at a bargain!
- In addition to Furfrou, costumed Pokémon like Kirlia, Blitzle, and Croagunk will be appearing in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might also encounter Butterfree!
- Costumed Pokémon like Sneasel and Shinx will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Costumed Pokémon like Butterfree and Kirlia will be appearing in three-star raids.
- The Pokémon appearing in five-star raids and in Mega Raids will not change from what has been announced previously.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Alolan Meowth, Galarian Meowth, Smoochum in a fashionable costume, and Shinx in a fashionable costume.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Butterfree, Shiny Sneasel, Shiny Smoochum, Shiny Kirlia, Shiny Shinx, Shiny Croagunk, or Shiny Blitzle—all wearing fashionable costumes! You may encounter Shiny Blitzle without a costume after Fashion Week has concluded, but you won’t see Blitzle in the wild very often.
New form-change mechanic
Furfrou’s debut in Pokémon GO also marks the arrival of a new feature that will allow you to change the forms of certain Pokémon. Follow these steps to change Furfrou’s Trim!
- Furfrou begins in its Natural Trim.
- Select Furfrou in your Pokémon storage and then tap the Form Change button to bring up a menu that lists the available Trims.
- Select your preferred Trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one Trim to any other Trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
Let’s learn as much as possible about Furfrou and Pokémon forms during this event! Be sure to log in to continue your research on the Mischief Pokémon, Hoopa, and don’t forget to show the world how stylish you and your Pokémon are along the way. Let’s GO!
September 2021 is a very busy month for the Pokemon Go community. Niantic has published their schedule, and it looks like we will have very exciting events coming in the next few weeks.
Starting with the newest season, called Season of Mischief, we will be having a debut of a new Pokemon, as a part of Psychic Spectacular, and together with it, Pokemon with new costumes making their debut during the upcoming Fashion Week event.
The Fashion Week event is taking place from Tuesday, September 21, 2021, at 10 AM to Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at 8 PM local time, we will be seeing new stylishly dressed Pokemon making their debut. The good news is that besides these Pokemon, a new Pokemon will be making its debut in the game. By the looks of it, it is almost certain that the mysterious, fluffy Pokemon, as Niantic calls it, is Furfrou.
Which costumed Pokémon will walk the runway during this year’s Fashion Week event?
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) September 10, 2021
Which costumed Pokemon would you like to see during the Fashion Week event? We strongly hope that Niantic will make it fun with many other costumed Pokemon instead of just Pikachu with a Hat.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!