Trainers, the second Spotlight Hour event in Pokemon Go for this month is going live today, on October 12, 2021, featuring Gastly and Shiny Gastly.
The Gastly Spotlight Hour event goes live today, from 6 PM to 7 PM local time. Gastly can also be shiny during the event, and you’ll earn double Stardust from catching Pokemon.
Now, let’s see how to make the most of Gastly Spotlight Hour, farm Stardust and learn how to do the Fast Catch trick.
How to Make the Most of Gastly Spotlight Hour?
- Don’t catch any spawns around you for at least 30-45min before the Spotlight Hour begins. This is because all of these spawns will turn into the Spotlight Hour Pokemon, in our case Gastly, when the event starts
- Find out where the biggest spawn groups in your area are and take advantage of it
- Don’t rely on Lures, unless you’re a rural player. This is because Lures can’t do much to help you grind and the spawns are limited to 1 Pokemon every 3 minutes
- Use the fast catch trick – NOTE: This useful trick doesn’t work on Pokemon that spawns from Incense. What is the fast catch trick?! See below for details
- Walk around constantly
- Excellent throws will get you a ton of XP
- Have as much Pokemon Storage as you can
- Have as many PokeBall as you can
- DON’T APPRAISE JUST GRIND! You will have plenty of time, later on, to decide which Pokemon you need. Have in mind that this is ONE HOUR event
- Mega evolve a Pokemon for +1 extra Candy for each Pokemon caught
- Catch every Gastly during the event to get Ditto or Shiny Ditto
Fast Catch Trick
- Hold the phone with your hand and use your thumb to tap and hold onto the ball selection circle in the bottom right
- While still holding your thumb on the ball selection circle, slide your thumb from the bottom right towards the bottom left of the screen. If you did this right, the ball icon should slide slightly to the left and change color slightly to a more opaque white
- While keeping your left thumb held down, throw the ball with your right hand. After throwing, you can release your left thumb. If you did this all correctly, the exit button should appear in the top left corner
As soon as your Pokeball has hit the Pokemon, the catch is decided, so you can leave the encounter immediately, skipping the ball rocking and catch screen animations. You can check your inventory to see if you caught it or not, or just click back on the Pokemon on the map. If it disappears, you either caught it or it ran away.
With practice, this becomes very quick and allows you to catch and walk reliably.
The next Spotlight Hour events in October 2021 are going live on October 19 featuring Gothita and 2x for catching Pokemon, and the last Spotlight Hour event for this month will go live on October 26, featuring Murkrow and 2x Xp for evolving Pokemon.