March 2023 Field Research Pokemon Go
As the new season is here already, so are new Field Research tasks. Many new tasks, rewards, and Pokemon encounters, but trust me, March has nothing special to offer when it comes down to Field Research rewards.
From a while back, it has been kind of a habit for Niantic to spice things up by giving Trainers a whole new set of Field Research tasks every month. That is great, because not only do we get new tasks, but we also get new encounters and new rewards.
You know the drill already, completing Field Research tasks to get seven stamps which will lead you to a major Research Breakthrough. The exciting thing for March 2023 is that we will have Parasect, Pinsir, Snorlax, Gible, Furfrou, or Goomy as Field Research Breakthrough encounters. Pinsir, Snorlax, Gible, and Furfrou can be encountered shiny.
Spinda is also joining the Field Research Task encounter crew, and that is not all. If you complete the task named “Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a Row”, you will get Spinda #1, and if luck is on your side, you might encounter Shiny Spinda #1. Also, they now changed the “Power up Pokemon 10 times” to Power up Pokemon 15 times” for Mega Energy.
Back to the Field Research tasks. Here is the complete list of Field Research tasks for March 2023.
Field Research Tasks Rewards March 2023
- Battle in the Go Battle League: Onix
- Catch 5 Water-type Pokemon: Shellder
- Catch 10 Fire-type Pokemon: 10 Charizard Mega Energy
- Catch 10 Grass-type Pokemon: 10 Venusaur Mega Energy
- Catch 10 Normal-type Pokemon: 10 Pidgeot Mega Energy
- Catch 10 Water-type Pokemon: 10 Blastoise Mega Energy
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost: Poliwag, Vulpix, Hippopotas, Snover
- Catch 7 Pokemon: Magikarp
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokemon: Bagon, Dratini
- Cath 5 Pokemon: Eevee
- Earn 2 Candies walking with your buddy: Bunnelby
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your buddy: Stunfisk
- Earn 5 Candies walking with your buddy: Wailmer
- Earn 5 hearts with your buddy: Woobat
- Evolve a Pokemon: Eevee
- Hatch an Egg: Alomomola, Mantine
- Hatch 2 Eggs: Beldum
- Make 5 Curveball Throws in a Row: Alolan Meowth
- Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row: Gible
- Make 3 Great Throws in a row: Onix
- Make 3 Great Throws: Lileep, Anorith, Snubbull
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Spinda #1
- Make 5 Nice Throws: Dunsparce
- Power up a Pokemon 15 times: 25 Mega Energy Gyarados
- Power up Pokemon 3 times: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
- Power up Pokemon 5 times: 10 Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Beedrill, Pidgeot Mega Energy
- Power up Pokemon 5 times: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
- Power up Pokemon 7 times: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
- Send 3 gifts and add a sticker to each: Psyduck, Ducklett
- Spin 3 Pokestops or Gyms: Sudowoodo
- Spin 5 Pokestops or Gyms: Ralts
- Take 3 snapshots of a Water-type Pokemon: Poliwhirl
- Take a snapshot of a wild Pokemon: Murkrow, Hoppip, Yanma
- Trade a Pokemon: Seadra
- Use 3 Pinap Berries to help catch Pokemon: Grimer
- Win 5 raids: Aerodactyl
- Win a Level 3 or higher Raid: Kabuto, Omanyte
- Win a Raid: Skarmory
To be honest, this has to be the worst set of Field Research since they launch the feature back in 2018. Not sure what’s happening at Niantic, but thing got to change.