Warhammer 40,000: Darktide Patch #8 Notes
Warhammer 40K: Darktide has just rolled out Patch #8, bringing a slew of improvements and tweaks to the game. The latest update includes enhancements to the Psyker class, such as increasing Soulblaze damage against flak armor and the number of Soulblaze stacks for the “Wrack and Ruin” Feat.
Weapon modifications feature the M35 Magnacore Mk II Plasma Gun, which now ignores hit zone multipliers for non-monstrous enemies, enabling it to damage Bulwarks through their shields. Enemy adjustments focus on Pox Hounds and Poxbursters, including lag compensation and reduced stagger resistance, respectively, to improve the gameplay experience.
Mutants have also undergone several changes to make their movements smoother and more predictable. Lastly, the patch addresses the vote kick system and adds a 5-second spawn grace for players. Check the full patch notes for further details on these updates and more.
Warhammer 40K: Darktide Patch #8 Notes
Here are the patch notes for Patch #8 which is live now on Steam and will be available shortly on the Microsoft Store.
- Raising Soulblaze’s damage vs. flak armour to 150% (was previously 100%).
“We have now separated the burning DoT and Soublaze DoT armour modifiers to enable this change.”
- Increasing the Psyker’s “Wrack and Ruin” Feat number of Soulblaze stacks from 3 to 4.
- Tweaked the hit zone priority for Rashad Mk II Combat Axe.
- M35 Magnacore Mk II Plasma Gun:
- Venting damage is now absorbed by toughness at a 3x rate.
- M35 Magnacore Mk II Plasma Gun now ignores hit zone multipliers for anything that is not a monstrosity.
“This means that the M35 Magnacore Mk II Plasma Gun can now damage Bulwarks through their shield, and body shots on enemies will not be able to be blocked by their limbs.”
- Added lag compensation to Pox Hound pounce attack to make it easier for players with higher ping to dodge their attacks.
- Reduced the pause between spawns of other enemies while Pox Hounds from the Hunting Grounds condition are active on higher difficulties.
“Specialists and Horde spawns are no longer paused on Heresy/Damnation difficulty, resulting in a higher possibility of a mixture of spawns when a hunting grounds event is active. The intent is to provide a wider range of challenges on higher difficulties instead of forcing the same behavior every time we spawn Hunting Grounds Pox Hounds.”
- Reduced melee stagger resistance on Poxbursters during their lunge animations so that melee attacks can stagger Poxbursters more reliably.
- Tweaked Poxbursters so that they reset their stagger immune time when they lunge at players.
“This should fix cases where Poxbursters sometimes ignored staggers when another player shot at it just before it entered its lunge animation.”
- Changes to Mutants:
- Tweaked the Mutant charge turn values in order to avoid instant turns
- Tuned Mutant navigation to be a bit smoother
- Tuned Mutant rotation speed to be a bit slower, allowing for easier dodging
- Increased Mutant stun time when hitting walls from 3 seconds to 3.5 seconds
Other Fixes and Tweaks
- Implemented changes to the vote kick system:
- This will now display as a notification instead of a pop-up
- Added measures to counter players’ ability to spam vote kick.
- Added full toughness recovery when players get revived from being knocked down in order for the rescued player to have some space to get back into the action.
- Added a 5-second spawn grace when players spawn, where enemies can’t see them, and they’re invincible.
“This was added to make it less jarring to join an ongoing game and immediately get downed by enemies without giving the player time to react to the situation.”