It’s that time of year again in RuneScape, and Halloween has arrived with a twist of pumpkin-flavored chaos! Pumpkin Pete, the eccentric character known for his quirky experiments, has set up a pumpkin patch in Fort Forinthry. However, his attempt to harness Necromantic energy has taken an unexpected turn, unleashing a horde of mischievous pumpkins throughout Gielinor.
Players are invited to team up with fellow adventurers and take part in communal Pumpkin Parties, aid Pumpkin Pete in his daily rituals to craft a new head for himself (which might not go as planned), and thwart rogue pumpkins that appear while skilling, all in pursuit of Halloween-themed rewards.
One of the highlights of this event is the chance to obtain the Rotten Pumpkin Head from Pumpkin Pete himself. To restore it to its former glory, players must smash 250 pumpkins. This unique mask offers an additional benefit by preventing Light Sources on T1 and T2 Ritual locations from degrading during Necromancy Rituals.
But that’s not all. Smashing pumpkins will also yield Sweet Enhancers with various beneficial effects, adding excitement to the festivities. Additionally, players can discover Halloween treats like the Ensouled Pumpkin Mask, the Orange Hallowe’en Mask, and a range of other enticing cosmetics.
The developers have made some adjustments to make the event even more enjoyable. They’ve reduced the H’oddment costs of the Soul Surge & Soul Dive ability overrides and halved the number of pumpkins required for the Pumpkin Mask upgrade.
These changes come after final testing and balancing throughout the previous week, ensuring a smoother and more rewarding Halloween experience for all players.
Grim Harvest Returns
Starts October 17th | Ends November 9th | Grim Harvest
The harvest is upon us! Smash Pumpkins in Grim Harvest for H’oddments, a seasonal currency earned with every key which can be exchanged for scarily good cosmetic rewards as well as Halloween themed items from the past!
Fill the Harvest Bonus bar as you smash pumpkins – when filled, choose between a modifier or a reward item!
Grim Harvest and the H’Oddments Store includes many of the rewards you can find smashing pumpkins in-game, including brand new “Overhead Emotes”, brand new cosmetics for Fort Forinthry, the Soul ability override scrolls, the Orange Hallowe’en Mask and the Ensouled Pumpkin Mask!
All these and much, much more can be picked up throughout the Halloween Event, and tokens for these can be won through the Grim Harvest promotion running alongside the event until November 9th!
Ultimate Currency Pack
Make a move on this Mobile currency deal!
The Ultimate Mobile Currency Pack is here! Stock up on this one-time purchase, containing 450 Keys and 2400 RuneCoins for £32.99!
This mobile currency bundle can only be purchased once, but is available to players who purchased previous currency packs.
Ironman accounts are not eligible to purchase this bundle.
Fixes and improvements in this week’s game update
- When using a slayer trophy on the guardhouse wall, players are now presented with multiple options for where to place their choice of trophy.
- Corrected the blueprint requirements for the Side Gate to Woodcutters’ Grove. It now requires 50 Construction, since it requires the ‘Unwelcome Guests’ quest which also requires 50 Construction.
- The Lodestone and Eastern Side Gate Blueprints are now hidden from the Fort Blueprint table once built.
- Granny Rowan is back to her old self (don’t call her old to her face, mind you!) and she can help prepare Overloads again once you’ve assembled your Tier 3 Workbench.
- Fixed an issue where players who reset the ‘Ghosts Ahoy’ quest with Nastroth’s Constitution and Prayer major reset now also resets Vessel of the Harbinger quest.
- Malignius Mortifer can now be spoken to in the City of Um to complete the relevant Anagram Clue Scroll.
- Hero Point drops and Menaphos reputation messages no longer overlap each other.
- Fixed an issue with resetting the Croesus ‘Encounter Contribution’ score at the end of the encounter.
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to use fishing spots at the Giant Oyster.
- Cave Nightshade seeds are now correctly named within the Seedicide settings interface.
- Resolved an issue where weapon poisons did not apply correctly or leave an empty bottle when used.
- The ‘Triple Trouble’ achievement now unlocks only after speaking to all 3 brothers in ‘Tai Bwo Wannai Trio’.
- On mobile, the Fight Kiln wave counter has moved from middle of screen to the side.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to walk through a table in the Archaeology Exam Centre.
- Resolved an issue where unavailable outfits in the wardrobe could be equipped.
- The Black Necronium Kiteshield has been moved to the right category in the override category.
- Adjusted the wardrobe camera position for keepsaked items to correctly focus on the area in question.
The latest goings-on from our community
@NinthCloudArt has been powering through #Scapetober with a range of wonderful pieces.
TheRSGuy has fulfilled their oath to become a master of Necromancy, and has taken it upon themselves to face off with EVERY boss in the game! Find out how they fared in their battles right here….
@CourtLamoreaux has a creepy feeling that they’re being followed…
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill ‘n’ Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday October 16th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Fort Forinthry
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday October 21st, 13:00 Game Time
- What: Vorago
- World: 35
- Location: Vorago Borehole
- FC: Dung Titan
PMod Skilling Event
- Hosted by: Jamiely, RuneScape Discord Mentors & Fast SC
- Date/Time: Sunday October 22nd, 17:00 Game Time
- What: Non-Combat Stealing Creation
- World: 99
- Location: Gamer’s Grotto
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don’t take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
– THE RUNESCAPE TEAM