Trainers, guess what time it is? Halloween is rolling around, and you know Niantic’s got something cooked up for Pokémon GO. This year, we’re looking at a two-part event. The first part kicks off on October 19 at 10:00 a.m. and runs until October 26 at 10:00 a.m. local time. The second part picks up right after and goes until Halloween night at 8:00 p.m.
So, what’s in the cauldron for Part 1? First up, we’ve got Greavard making its grand entrance. Plus, keep an eye out for a Shiny Phantump. But what we want to talk about today is the free Greavard Timed Research.
This Greavard research is split into three steps, each with its tasks and goodies. Get through all of ’em, and you’ll get to encounter Greavard itself. You can hop into this Timed Research from October 19 to October 31. Oh, and it’s all about catching those spooky Ghost: type Pokémon.
Halloween Timed Research Steps, Tasks, and Rewards
Halloween Timed Research 1/3
- Catch 5 Ghost-type Pokemon: 1000 stardust
- Catch 10 Ghost-type Pokemon: 1500XP
- Catch 15 Ghost-type Pokemon: 1000 Stardust
- Rewards: Greavard, 25 Pokeballs, 1000 stardust
Halloween Timed Research 2/3
- Take a snapshot of a Ghost: type Pokemon: 1500 stardust
- Catch 10 Ghost: type Pokemon: 2000XP
- Catch 15 Ghost: type Pokemon: 1500 stardust
- Catch 20 Ghost: type Pokemon: 3x Pinap berries
- Rewards: Greavard, 20x Great balls, 1000 stardust
Halloween Timed Research 3/3
- Take 1 snapshot of Ghost: type Pokemon: 2000 stardust
- Catch 25 Ghost: type Pokemon: 2000 XP
- Catch 1 Ghost: type Pokemon: 2000 stardust
- Rewards: Greavard, 5x Ultra Ball, 5x Pinap Berries
There you have it, folks! Between new Pokémon like Greavard and Shiny Phantump, plus the Timed Research, there’s a lot to dig into for Part 1 of this year’s Halloween event. Make sure to mark those calendars