UPDATE Pokemon Go Fest 2019 Drawing and Claiming Tickets, Registering for Future Live Events
Update 4/24/2019: A confirmation letter has been sent by Niantic. Congrats to those who are selected in the first wave and those who are not, don’t worry, new waves are coming throughout the week.
Update 4/24/2019: Trainers, the drawing for Chicago Pokemon Go Fest tickets is now closed and winners will be notified via the in-app Events page.
Follow the steps below and claim your ticket – and don’t forget, you have 48 hours to complete the purchase.
Previous Story 4/22/2019: Summer is just around the corner, and we all know what this means: Pokemon GO Fest 2019! This is a Chicago based event, and players all around the world come to attend the biggest PoGO event of the year.
It is a four-day event, on three different continents in three different cities and on three different dates:
- Pokemon Go Fest Chicago: June 13-June 16 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Pokemon Go Fest Dortmund: July 4-July 7
- Pokemon Go Fest Asia
As we all know from the previous Go Fest events, the tickets sell out in a matter of seconds and this year, Niantic will have a quite different way of distributing the tickets.
For the first time since the existence of this event, the people that want to participate in the Go Fest event in Chicago will need to enter a lottery in order to purchase tickets.
To enter the lottery is very easy, you just need to know where to look. As of this morning, there is a new option available in the game for the purpose of this new ticket system and here is what you should do.
- Open the Pokemon GO app
- In Map View, touch the Main Menu
- On the right side, touch the Events option
- On the following page, all upcoming live events will be listed, starting with the soonest event at the top.
- Events that are open for drawing entries will be labeled as “Enter Drawing!”. Touch the event to start the drawing entry process.
- Confirm the email you would like to be contacted at and tap “Enter Drawing”. Make sure it is an email address that you can easily access. It does not need to match the email associated with your Pokemon GO game account, but each account can only submit one email address. You will not receive a confirmation email for entering the drawing.
If you’re lucky enough and get selected in the drawing, which will end on April 24 at 7:00 AM PDT, you’ll receive a notification email, and you’ll have 48h to complete the purchase. Just follow these steps and you’ll be good:
- After receiving the email, return to the Events menu and touch the event that you won the drawing for. The following page will now show a “Claim Tickets” button. Use it to begin your registration.
- Choose the event date, time, and quantity of tickets that you would like to buy. Read the descriptions carefully to find the best choice for you, but note that you can only choose one date and ticket type for your entire order.
- Assign any extra tickets to other Trainers (see the next section).
- Once complete, you will receive a confirmation email. The Events page will also update with a “virtual ticket” and a button to view your order at any time.
The steps from above will also work for future live events in Pokemon Go, so basically this is an in-app ticketing system.
For last and this is very important – Tickets are only usable by the Trainer accounts registered at this time. Tickets are not refundable or transferable to other accounts.
What are your thoughts on this new in-app feature? We would like to hear from you, so please leave your comment in the comment section below.
We already bought our plane tickets and hotel. Now ithere is a chance we won’t get tickets! That sucks!
Hi there and thank you for the comment. If this is the case, you might want to contact them and let them know about your situation. I hope you’ll win it!
When dues drawing end and when are email notifications expected to go out?
Thank you for the comment. The drawing ends in 4 hours from now.