We have some exciting news coming from Niantic for the following month. On their official website, they have announced the new Research Breakthrough encounters (yes, you read that right, plural form).
Starting December 1st, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. upon completing a Research (earning seven stamps), you might get the chance to have an encounter with either Lapras or Unovan Darumaka! Catching these beasts will reward you with bonus XP. But wait, there is more.
Kyurem, the beloved Dragon/Ice Legendary Pokemon will be returning to the game through five-star Raids on December 1, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. and will leave us on Friday, January 1, 2021, at 1:00 p.m PST. As for Mega-Beasts, the team will have another member, Mega Abomasnow. This Pokemon will serve as a replacement for Mega Blastoise, one of the first Mega Pokemon introduced in the game.
Regarding the Spotlight Hours, here is the list that Niantic published:
Tuesday, December 1, 2020:
- Seel will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokemon
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020: Swinub will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokemon
- Tuesday, December 15th, 2020: A surprise Pokemon (possible adventure Hat Pikachu) will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokemon. Tuesday
- December 22nd, 2020: Snorunt will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokemon
- Tuesday, December 29th, 2020: Snover will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokemon
As a reminder, Niantic has made sure to tell us again that the double Catch XP bonus is already live, and will be until December 31st, 2020, 11:59 p.m. local time.
They have finally announced the Tagging feature, for which they said that you can create different colored tags to browse through your Pokemon list easier.
Keep on checking our website for more updates.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there, as most of the news are coming in there first. The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!