In celebration of its first anniversary, Phasmophobia is allowing players to explore a new Single-Player game mode. The game’s already scary enough for me to play as a party, but I believe that allowing horror-driven players to delve into a new single-player mode might benefit the game. In here, there are slightly different things to do. Thanks to the recent anniversary 0.3.1.0, the game has received a new Journal Overhaul, offline Single-player, and other changes and fixes.
Kinetic Games has posted the changes on Steam and is all about polishing up your game experience. It has some significant changes, like a journal overhaul that makes it easier to track clues and evidence from ghosts. Still, the most significant change is the offline single-player game mode, which is quite impressive.
The update also introduces some crucial fixes such as the known memory leak when using a controller, address of an exploit to become invisible to the ghost, address of an exploit to become unreachable for the ghost, and other bug fixes.
- A complete redesign of the journal to make it easier to use and navigate
- You can now cross off evidence on the ghost evidence page
- The pause menu is now integrated into the journal
- You can now change all settings using the journal whilst in-game
- Added an option to play offline singleplayer which won’t connect you to the server
- Added new fonts for several languages that had missing characters
- The VR mute button has been changed to the pause button for all controllers. Your controller will vibrate when toggling mute
- You will no longer get $10 for failing a contract and will instead get the insurance depending on the chosen difficulty
- If you fail a contract you will now see what the ghost type was
- Ghost orbs will now periodically change position in the ghost room
- You can no longer see the D.O.T.S Projector ghost if you are dead
- Fixed a memory leak on the main menu when using a controller
- Fixed an exploit where you could glitch your head inside something to make the ghost not see you
- Fixed several safe spots where you could stand on something and the ghost couldn’t reach you
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the temperature would rarely drop in the attic
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the hunting equipment effects didn’t always work in the attic
- Fixed a bug where the ghost whisper paranormal sound was staying active on the parabolic microphone