Battlefield 2042, the critically acclaimed first-person shooter from DICE, is releasing a new update on June 21, Wednesday. This update introduces a slew of quality-of-life enhancements and balance adjustments, following up on the successful launch of Season 5: New Dawn.
Players have already expressed their excitement at returning to the familiar turf of the ‘Reclaimed’ map and getting to grips with this season’s newly introduced weapons and gadgets. Looking ahead, more changes are in store with Game Update 5.1.0, which promises to act on even more of the community’s feedback.
The 5.0.1 update will address several player-reported issues, improving the gameplay experience. AI Soldiers will now correctly spawn and provide necessary support in the Prologue. The developers have also resolved problems with the appearance and functionality of missiles and grenades, and fixed the Capture Objective Indicator to correctly display during objective capture.
For the complete patch notes, check below:
BATTLEFIELD 2042 UPDATE #5.0.1
Quality of Life improvements following the launch of Season 5: New Dawn
Update 5.0.1 releases this week with a small set of changes aimed at resolving some of Quality of Life issues and balancing, following Season 5: New Dawn’s launch.
We’ve enjoyed watching your reactions as you head back to familiar territory with Reclaimed, alongside getting to grips with the new weapons and gadgets for this Season.
With just a few weeks to go, Game Update 5.1.0 is on the horizon which acts upon even more of your feedback that you’ve been submitting to us.
//The Battlefield Team
- We’ve once again told the troops to get back to work on the Prologue, and they’ll now correctly spawn in and support you as intended.
- Fixed an issue causing some missiles and grenades to appear offset from the weapon while moving and firing.
- Fixed an issue that caused the SPH Explosive Launcher’s projectile to detonate immediately if the attached player had died.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Capture Objective Indicator not correctly appearing whilst an objective is being captured.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the ability to equip unlocks received during a match.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in Dozer’s Ballistic Shield not correctly playing the heavy hit animation when he takes direct damage from heavy projectiles such as rockets.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing bullets to go through Dozer’s Ballistic Shield based on what point in time you joined the server.
- Fixed an issue that made spotting air vehicles above objectives difficult to perform.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes reward you with assists on your own kills, or assists on teammates (or even on yourself, but not the Penguins. Stop trying to hurt them!)
- Fixed an issue that caused Subsonic ammunition on the DM7, AM40 and M5A3 to muzzle flash when equipped with a Suppressor
- RM68 Bullet Speed lowered from 790 to 700
- We have lowered the 4HK range on the following Ammo types:
- Standard Ammo reduced from 40m > 30m
- High Power ammo reduced from 50m > 40m
- 4HK range has been removed from CQB Ammo
- M416 damage increased from 18 to 22 at 50m.
- M416 damage increased from 15 to 18 at 75m and beyond.
- 4HK range capabilities have been removed from the MTAR21.
Dispersion & Accuracy
- Following your feedback, we are making further adjustments to the dispersion of several Assault Rifles with an intent to compress the top and lowest performers for a more balanced weapon offering.
- Max dispersion increased by 9% for AK24, SFARM-GL and AEK
- Max dispersion lowered by 8% for AC42, M16A3, M416 and MTAR21
- Lowered the delay to dispersion reset from 0.2s to 0.1s.
Dev Comment: Some delay is required to ensure dispersion does not reset between bullets and instead recognizes bursting taking place.
- Fixed an issue for the CAV-Brawler unlock requirement that did not properly count teammates deploying on your MAV or EBLC-Ram
- Fixed an issue that caused the wave lines from the Detection Pulse to not be drawn on the minimap when inside the vehicle using the ability
- If a vehicle is hacked at the same moment as activating the CWP, the cooldown will now be reset.