Battlefield 2042 is known for its thrilling game modes, and Dark Protocol is no exception. If you’ve been playing this Limited Time Event, you know it’s available until November 14.
Dark Protocol is still relatively fresh, but AOS, the Boreas artificial intelligence, isn’t wasting any time. Within two days, it’s taken combat data and given itself a firmware update. What does this mean? Well, the Geist Forges are now more lethal. This suggests that the game developers continuously refine gameplay based on player feedback.
Battlefield 2042 Dark Protocol, Killswitch: Geist Forge Update November 2 Changelog
- Geist survivability has been increased, with Damage Taken per bullet reduced from 0.33 -> 0.3.
- Geist Stun Behavior has been minimized, Stun Behavior refers to the actions they take once they have received substantial damage within a short period of time.
- Previously, Geists would be stunned when receiving 15% of total health loss in under 1.5 seconds. This will now occur at 50% of total health loss in under 0.5 seconds.
Dev Comment: We’ve seen your comments that it was sometimes unclear why Geists would stop moving during combat. Their gameplay behavior as Synthetic Soldiers was intended to have them remain stunned when dealt considerable damage during a short period of time. However, this gameplay behavior didn’t always lead to fun engagements so we are reducing this effect.
- Forges now spawn 12 Geists per wave, increased from 9.
- Spawn time between waves has been increased from 15 seconds to 17.5 seconds.
- The maximum number of Geists available in-game simultaneously has been reduced from 40 to 30.
Dev Comment: This adjustment takes into account their increased effectiveness and the potential of Geists lasting longer during encounters.