Trainers, details for the Mega Evolution have been discovered in Pokemon Go’s GM file and we couldn’t be happier to share everything we’ve found with you.
Niantic and Pokemon Go confirmed that Mega Evolution is coming to the game sometime in 2020, but they didn’t share any details about the Mega Evolution. Well, they haven’t said anything officially yet, but we discovered a bunch of cool stuff about the upcoming Mega Evolution in the GM file, and trust me, you’re all going to love this.
Mega Evolution in Pokemon Go and What we Know so Far
- Two Mega badges: Successor and Mega Evolution Guru
- Mega Evolution is temporary
- A player can only have one Mega Evolution at a time. This means that if you want to Mega Evolve a different Pokemon then the one you already Mega Evolved, it will unmega your previous
- As we said Mega Evolutions are temporarily and will last  hours. Not yet sure about the time frame
- You can’t trade a Mega Evolution
- You can’t place a Mega Pokemon in a Gym
- Mega Raids featuring Mega Blastoise, Mega Charizard and Mega Venusaur
- Mega Pokemon will increase the damage of other Pokemon in Raids
- Mega Pokemon can not take part in GBL
- Special Mega Raid music
- Damage Bonus for Raids
- Special effects in battle
- Players can Mega Evolve Pokemon through a questline (not sure if this would be the only way to Mega Evolve)
- Mega Evolving will use Mega Energy and each Pokemon has its own Mega Energy
- Special Daily Research and Field Research that awards Mega Energy
- Mega Energy is limited
- Mega Energy will be needed to Mega Evolve
- Mega Energy from Mega Raids
- Bonus for clearing the Raid faster – more Mega Prize Energy
- The CP of a Mega Evolution Pokemon will have a different color
- Temporary state in combat that consumes energy
- 2 Mega Evolution medals
- “A Mega Discovery” Special Research to bring Mega Beedrill, Mega Charizard, Mega Blastoise and Mega Venusaur
- Increased power and STAB (STAB is an acronym that stands for Same Type Attack Bonus. STAB increases the damage of moves that are of the same type as the Pokemon using them. STAB increases the damage of a move by 25%)
- There are 46 species of Pokemon that are capable of Mega Evolution, and there are 48 different Mega Evolutions. At this moment, we’re not sure if they’ll introduce all Mega Evolutions at once or as part of Mega events/quests/storyline, etc and/or all these species would be available to Mega Evolve in the game
There is no info when the Mega Evolutions will be introduced in Pokemon Go, but the fact they began to add stuff about it tells us that their debut is not far away.
Hello, fellow readers! If you want to get in touch with us and participate in our discussion boards, make sure you visit our Forums. We are more than sure you will find something useful there! The forum is new, so be among the first ones to say Hello!