Building a Better Death Ray is a quest in The Cycle: Frontier. The quest is given by Emmanuel Sullivan – Osiris CEO & Lead Researcher. It consists of 2 different parts. All of them are included below.
The Cycle Frontier “Building a Better Death Ray” Quest Details
General Quest Dialogue
The initial plan to repurpose one of Korolev’s old veltecite mobile drilling platforms fell through, and not just because of Korolev’s uncooperative behavior.
The laser cannon will have to be operated from space; help Osiris fix up an old survey satellite in order to have the cannon fire from low orbit.
- x1 Heavy Duty Backpack
Quest Parts, Objectives & Guides
Click on Parts to sweep through all of the quest parts.
Part 1 Dialogue
Our recent tests have made it quite apparent our anti-crystal laser cannot be safely operated in atmosphere, unlike Korolev’s crude designs. We’ll need to mount the device on a repurposed low-orbit satellite to operate it. Retrieve these materials, they should improve booster fuel efficiency enough to handle the laser’s mass.
- Deliver 5 Dustblooms
- Deliver 10 Glowy Brightcap Mushrooms
- Deliver 10 Magic-Grow Fertilizer
- Dustblooms are purple flowers with an epic rarity. They can be found in the north of Crescent Falls, more precisely around Pinnacle Labs and just north of Starport Warehouse. They can be collected by using your hand gadget. Check the image below:
- Glowy Brightcap Mushrooms are tricky to get, as they can only be farmed during the storm. The places where you can farm them are around the Swamp and in the Jungle. They share the same spawns with the Brightcap Mushrooms, but they can only be farmed during the 5-minute storm period. To complete this, make sure you carry strong meds with you and heal yourself between each storm tick.
Important: The storm tick can be avoided. As soon as you see the red lightning surrounding you, make sure to get away from it asap. For that reason, keep at least half of your stamina bar when you’re on this quest.
Otherwise, the storm tick comes after the RED lightning strikes the ground. That’s exactly when you should expect the damage tick to occur. The glowy mushrooms are in a slightly different color, check the image below.
- Magic-Grow Fertilizer can be found around the Woodcutter Camp on Bright Sands. They can spawn in Coolers too.
Part 2 Dialogue
Ah yes, I forgot to mention… we’ve made some adjustments to account for the increased operational range required; get me a Veltecite heart and some samples from storm-charged creatures, it should be enough to take our device to peak performance.
- Deliver 1 Veltecite Hearts
- Deliver 20 Charged Spinal Bases
- Veltecite Hearts can be mined from Veltecite Veins usually located around waters. Their drop is extremely low, so if you’re unlucky, try mining it during a Storm, as the Storm increases the drop ratio in most scenarios.
- Charged Spinal Bases can be found from dead Striders during Storm. Hence, you have to jump in a raid and wait for a while before the Storm arrives. The storm lasts for ~5 minutes.
Keep in mind that the guides are a work in progress. If you notice anything out of place, please let us know in the comments below!
If you are a video game developer and you have a submission to make, you can mail us at email@example.com